Spin Off PMD (series): the instant game over that ruined the earlier games hardcore dungeons

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
many of you who read that title might be like "theres no instant game over in pokemon mystery dungeon games". well normally no, theres not. but have you ever touched a trap that looked like a deep fishnet and suddenly see your pokemon vanish instanteously, followed by a failure screen that youd normally only see if you got beat by the mobs? this is called a pitfall trap, and believe me as i say with every ounce of my beings fury, these are crap! you die immediately at no fault of your own--ita literally death by RNG. reviver seeds wont work if you touch these either making it that much worse. these were clearly removed in super mystery dungeon, and they also remain absent in rescue team DX (thank the flipping gods) but they can completely ruin the hardcore dungeons in the games that came before them.

i honestly forget how awful these things were until i recently picked up my copy of gates to infinity and went to path of no return to deal with in game unfinished business. fortunately i was lucky enough to have goggle specs in this dungeon and im currently on floor 55 and will try to finish the run today (i only went here to get these but it absolutely refuses to give me an escape orb so im assuming i have to do the full heap of garbage and hope its not all OHKOs towards the end like purity forest was). but without these, you better just hope it doesnt mega troll you with these and these pitfall traps are everywhere in this dungeon. the other common ones but less gamebreaking are blast traps (these are very annoying here. ive seen way too many of these) and sticky traps also seem common (these are worse obviously). so far this dungeon is easier than purity forest but theres still some bad spawns and the sand attack spam makes me want to scream sometimes, its very stupid =P

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku
Back