Pointers for Beating the Battle Maison

• Thread starter THECIA
  • Start date
THECIA

THECIA

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
Was wondering if anyone can help me beating the maison any pointers.

Try this Team lol

Durant
Ability: Truant
Moves
Entrainment
Sandstorm
Protect
Struggle Bug

Blaziken
Ability:Speed Boost
Moves
Hone Claws
High-Jump Kick
Blaze Kick / Flare Blitz
Protect

Espeon
Ability: Magic Bounce
Protect
Work Up / Calm Mind
Baton Pass / Psychic / Psyshock
Hidden Power (Fight) / Shadow Ball

Durant should be your lead, Entraining pokemons with Truant. After they gain Truant, you swap your Pokemon with Blaziken(Sweeper) Then proceed with the Pattern, Protect->Hone Claws,etc till your desired Boost. Then Sweep through the whole Maison lol. The AI wont switch after being hit with entrainment unless they cant hit Durant for some reason lol

Almost Forgot lol, Give Durant a Focus Sash to keep him alive lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marc
Almost Forgot lol, Give Durant a Focus Sash to keep him alive lol
I hate to break it to you but as far as I know, you cannot use Entrainment combined with Truant in the game. One reason why PS is a little off. What's a better Poke than Durant?

I hate to break it to you but as far as I know, you cannot use Entrainment combined with Truant in the game. One reason why PS is a little off. What's a better Poke than Durant?

Actually, you can use Entrainment with the ability truant lol Don't you think it's a little odd that Game Freak would give a Pokemon the ability Truant, one of the most useless abilities in the game, unless theres some sort of catch? lol
Well the catch is that Durant can learn Entrainment lol Thats what makes Truant a little bit of a troll and somewhat competitive lol

Don't you think it's a little odd that Game Freak would give a Pokemon the ability Truant, one of the most useless abilities in the game, unless theres some sort of catch? lol

Well they gave all these fish pokemon Splash and there's no catch with that, no pun intended lmao

My tip for the battle Maison is to make sure yuo have a good setup for your team build.

1st Pokemon: Speedy, status inflicters, gimmicky, set up, pokemon with little weaknesses a SCOUTER essentially
-this allows you to get a handle on what you're dealing with and act appropriately. By gimmicky pokemon I mean like Mega Kangaskhan or like skill link cloyster. Pokemon that can quickly set up a godly offensive.

2ndPokemon: Attacker, Sweeper, 'the heart of the team', heavy hitter
-this pokemon should be able to hit hard and take them out easy. Life orb Garchomp, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, pokemon like this

3rd Pokemon: The tank, last resort pokemon, defensive wall, hp gargantuan
-Lastly this pokemon will need to be able to take hits and be able to stall out the toughest of opponents. Good options can be poison heal gliscor, leftover Shuckle, eviolite chansey. But you want to be careful when toxic stalling because steel and poison types will have you screwed.

Good luck

Actually Splash is useless in battle but the catch is, its awesome in Contests lol Anyways, you can always not use Durant lol but it's gimmicky entrainment is just so good not to mess the game's AI lol

Reactions: Heart
Just make you're first pokemon a strategist, that mean he gotta have some moves who can poison,paralyze,burn,confuse or freeze and since you weak him with the first strategist pokemon,
Use the third who is more of an defense and attack type since while attacking you will defend you're pokemon having a high defense and attacking with a move he's weakened with,since in a battle it's to keep each move with different type who will always give you a advance chance to beat them.
A third pokemon is needed in case of emergency and that pokemon should have an advance on his attack and his Hp who will make you attack in the same time keeping you stay more longer in the fight and the three other pokemons his needed with the same strategy but this time making the fifth pokemon the syntome giver this time and making the same strategy and giving you're pokemon some items to boost they ability up since playing pokemon is a strategy game.
And i almost forgot teach you pokemon some protect move or some move who can deactivate trap moves this should help you too wee never know and the most important always prepare an high IV pokemon.

I'm having troubles with this too, but so far I've decided on TRYING this team.
Cloyster@Focus sash
EVs: 252Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Skill link (HA)
- Icicle spear.
- Rock blast.
- Shellsmash.
- Razorshell/Waterfall.

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 Spe / 12 Hp
Adamant nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Earthquake

Tyranitar@Choice scarf
Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
- Rock slide/Stone edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Powerup punch

Naturally, I made this team mostly around Cloyster.
Focus sash will keep you alive for at least one shellsmash.
And by this time you'll have enough speed to outrun most Pokemon.
Icicle spear and Rockblast being your main attacks, and Razor shell for exceptions. (Something that resists Ice and Rock, Mostly.)
If Cloyster dies, Switch to Kanghaskan or Tyranitar as a revenge killer.
You can probably take care of most Pokemon this way, as long as you know what you're doing.
On T-Tar you can try your luck with Stone edge (Not advised) Or go with rockslide.
Tyranitar is a great revenge killer as Crunch is now normal effective on steel too.
And you can switch into Khanga to bulk a hit that you think T-Tar can't handle.

But as I've said before This team has not been tested yet,
So you might run into some trouble, but I'd be surprised if you don't.
It's the Battle maison, after all. Where all your risky attacks will definitely miss and when your enemy uses attacks like Stone edge, it usually not just hits, but CRITS.
That's my team anyway. Open to criticism unless you be an douche about it.
Friendly tips would help too. :rotfl:

Reactions: MMMs
@Cloyster, you can try using Ice Shard over Waterfall / Razor shell though, So you can still hit Pokes that has Prio moves.
@Usual Mega Kangaskhan Moveset BUT without Power-Up-Punch or Hammer Arm? O_O
@Haven't Tried Scarf Tyranitar Before though so can't comment to that much except that Pursuit should be slashed first than Crunch and that Pseudo Swords Dance / PUP is kinda nifty if it hits them with+4 Attack already.

@Cloyster, you can try using Ice Shard over Waterfall / Razor shell though, So you can still hit Pokes that has Prio moves.
@Usual Mega Kangaskhan Moveset BUT without Power-Up-Punch or Hammer Arm? O_O
@Haven't Tried Scarf Tyranitar Before though so can't comment to that much except that Pursuit should be slashed first than Crunch and that Pseudo Swords Dance / PUP is kinda nifty if it hits them with+4 Attack already.

Ice shard sounds like a good improvement, yes.
And on Khanga, I'm only using it for revenge killing, But yes, powerup punch is something I should add on. :c
Pursuit is an egg move. ; ~ ; More breeding.

I have been using Greninja, Garchomp, and Blaziken so far and they work all right. I do have problems sometimes when they fail to OHKO the opponent. There's also only so many types you can cover, so that's one of the important factors when considering a team. I probably need to get more variety on my team rather than just having sweepers all around, but I guess I'm too lazy :D

I had used a Blaziken Zoroark Hydreigon but I always lost in the 16th round. The first time, I had got a tie but it considered it a loss. Second time, Loss third time, loss. Why CAN"T I GET TO THE 17TH ROUND?

I got to battle 70 and lost cause I stopped paying attention LOL in super single.

Team:
Infernape@choice band
Close combat, fire punch, thnuder punch and u turn
Iron fist ability

Chansey@eviolite
Toxic, softboiled, aromatherapy, seismic tosss
Natural cure ability

Slowbro@leftovers
Surf, psychic, slack off, thnuder wave
Regenerator ability

Basically a lead with infernape and he can easily one shot anything that he hits super effective or flimsy pokemon with close combat. If a psychich type comes in, u turn out to chansey who will wall all special attackers to death. Chansey can take focus blasts very well considering how strong it is. Chansey is used to heal the team from pesky status conditions, sleep, poison mostly. Also just toxic the opponent and stall him out. If the opponent switches into a conkuldurr or other powerful physical fighting type, switch out to to Slowbro OR chansey will probably die. Chansey can't heal fast enough against close combat users to stall against them. Cclose combat from an infernape left my chansey with 2hp, from others one shot kill. Slowbro will resist the fighting move and can counter with pyschic. And switch into chansey to cover slowbros weaknesses, dark, electric, bug, ghost and grass which all are most usually special moves.

Back