Pokémon Legends Arceus - New Switch Game 2022

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
In addition to D/P remakes, another new Pokémon Game has been announced at todays direct for the Switch!

It looks really cool to me honestly, the game seems to be an open world game? From the trailer we can see that you can walk almost anywhere, similar to BotW and the Wild Area in SW/SH. It seems that you can throw Pokeballs while walking around, and fighting will be in the traditional Pokémon gameplay style.

We haven't seen much of the story, will there be 8 gyms like usual? Its obvious the main legendary will be Arceus, I wonder what evil team we'll be fighting. Will they stick to more Gen 4 characters like the player, or add in new characters (maybe both)?

All three starters have also been announced, Rowlet, Oshawott, and Cynadquil. I got lucky because 2/3 are my favorites, what do you think about the starters? We've only seen up to gen 6 Pokemon, but most likely every generation will be in the game. It'll probably use the same models from Sw/Sh.

In general I am extremely excited for this, what are your thoughts?

Edit: I forgot to mention there was a leak of this that @Deepak showed us, which is a pretty crazy and cool thing.

I am sooooo excited for this. It's so different from what we're familiar with and it looks so cool! I love the art style, I love the theme/setting, and I love the starters (not the biggest Rowlet fan but I will have some trouble choosing between Cyndaquil & Oshawott - though my husband will pick Cyndaquil since Typhlosion is his favorite Pokémon, so I already am sure I'll pick Oshawott).

I'm curious when battling will come in, and how that's compared to what we saw of Dawn just throwing the ball at the Shinx.

Reactions: Mizunil
Glad this game is coming out 2022. This game needs lots of polishing from what they have shown us. That 3 frame Chingling was not easy to ignore.

The protagonists r most likely ancestors to dp main characters. I do like the story how we're pretty much pioneers and the professor traveled from different regions. This game has lots of promising potential, hope it turns out well.

Last edited:
Okay okay hear me out. We'll see the Underground Man's lineage of mining. We get to see the ancestors of a couple of Gyms leaders, Cynthia and Cyrus's ancestors and their life experiences. Not much else I am expecting at this time. The key selling point to me is Arceus and the real non-blasphemous Pokereligion (they have a church after all) over the pagan Helix fossil/Bird Jesus we've all known. I hope there is no DLC. ;~; I like the concept people have been pitching about this open world idea. I think this could lead to more Legends games but since this one take place in a region based off of Japan they have better input on the world.

I like mah boi Oshawott since he's got decent stats and movepool of the classic low tier mon. I'm confused as to if there will be late Gen Pokemon in this one as perhaps there could be. I need to study the migratory patterns of Japanese animals in the past just to keep up with this. Or you know wait and see the dex when it comes out. I hope he gets Shell Smash but if not he's just utility.

It’s interesting that it takes place quite awhile before all the other Pokémon games, even showing pokeballs with physical clasps keeping them shut.

We’ll see if the title “Pokémon Legends” is implying that this is the start of a new series of titles under the Pokémon brand.

I don't really care about Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, but this looks cool. It's very reminiscent of Breath of the Wild, both in its gameplay and in its "freshness". Breath of the Wild reinvented Zelda, and I think they're going with the same approach for Pokémon. I just hope that it's interesting gameplay-wise and that the world is explorable (it looks like an open world game, and one of the main design problems to overcome with these is how to make the player explore the whole world with different experiences in each playthrough. The designers don't want to make the player go to the same specific areas every time while missing some of what the game has to offer). Also the setting looks interesting at first, but I need to see more of it to decide.

Reactions: Artisan
this is the rare case that i did not hear of or see leaks until after the game was announced.
where as i saw spoilers for sun and moon and ultra sun and moon as well as lets go eveee and pikachu.
i wasnt even trying to avoid spoilers either.
i like both games , will plan to play this one too.
i was more intrested at the time of the trailer watching to see videos of other people reactions to both games.
i like how this game feel like open world prequel to diamond and pearl as it happens before diamond and pearl events.

Back