Gen 1 Pokémon RGBY (VC) still features the original glitches

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
That's official. After lurking a bit more on the Internet, I found out that hackers already messed with the game (well, with the Japanese version which is now available if you have a JP 3DS), and, they found out that the VC ports of Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow and Green (if you have a JP 3DS) still have the original glitches featured in the original games on GameBoy Colour, which mean that if you wanted to get Mew without going to a Pokémon Center (in real life), or even catch the famous MissingNo, well, luck is on your side.

Which also means that you can do that "warp glitch" which also you to beat the game without even getting any Pokémons... maybe at the risk of crashing the game (virtually of course! A simple emulator reset would fix that).

What do you think about it ? Should they have patched the bugs ?

Should they have patched the bugs ?

They should leave it as is. Just one less reason to buy them. Also for Pokemon Red and Green, those are even more broken with glitches than our international Red and Blue.

The glitches are what makes those games unique.

Reactions: J9794, Jeff The Killer, Marc and 2 others
I think it's cool that they went and made the VC like the physical copies, just wish that we US and European Trainers could see MissingNo or get Mew. But who knows maybe Nintendo didn't take out the glitches (I doubt it though they may have fixed them) just gotta wait and see.

I think it's cool that they went and made the VC like the physical copies, just wish that we US and European Trainers could see MissingNo or get Mew. But who knows maybe Nintendo didn't take out the glitches (I doubt it though they may have fixed them) just gotta wait and see.
I suppose we'll get the answer tomorrow, or once hackers will mess with European/American releases of R/B/Y.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Or if I get there first since I've already gotten the Pokedex in my Pokemon Blue. :p

Or if I get there first since I've already gotten the Pokedex in my Pokemon Blue. :p
Wait, you mean that you have a NA/EU copy of the VC port of Blue on your 3DS ?

Wait, you mean that you have a NA/EU copy of the VC port of Blue on your 3DS ?

Technically EU copy, and I live in Australia where the timezones are furthest ahead, so yeah I do have VC Pokemon Blue. :cat:

I can confirm that the Mew Glitch does indeed still work, albeit I had to use method #2 instead of #1. Most likely though I just improperly executed method #1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: D4rkDragon and Mikaya
Technically EU copy, and I live in Australia where the timezones are furthest ahead, so yeah I do have VC Pokemon Blue. :cat:

I can confirm that the Mew Glitch does indeed still work, albeit I had to use method #2 instead of #1. Most likely though I just improperly executed method #1.

Lucky you ! But hey, for once you guys end up having the good stuff first ! Also, thanks for the info !

Oh yay glitches. I remember a few of those back in RBY. Let's see which ones will still exist.
  • Mew (mentioned above)
  • OP Psychic Type - You'll learn at Sabrina
  • Warp Glitch (instant win)
  • Buried Alive? Not sure if this is a glitch or not...
That's all I remember. Hopefully the games won't be too buggy, and god forbid people tranferring Missingno's into the new games >.<

Buried Alive was a creepypasta.

I wonder what will happen if someone gets MissingNo and tries to transfer it.

I wonder what will happen if someone gets MissingNo and tries to transfer it.

You mean through the PokeBank? Most likely the Bank will filter out glitch Pokemon from getting through.

You mean through the PokeBank? Most likely the Bank will filter out glitch Pokemon from getting through.

Let me dream D:.

Reactions: Marc and Pandaxclone2
Would the bank also detect the Mew glitch? I hope not.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Personally I think I'd like them to retain the glitches because I think that's one of the things that makes RGBY stands out, but I'm concerned when anyone wanted to transfer the Missingno. to the PokéBank, because I don't know what will happen when they managed to transfer one.

Back