Moon/Sun Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
iu

So a 'new' set of Pokémon games was announced recently: Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon. They will be set in the Alola region, but feature new stories. The games will be released on November 17 this year.

First thoughts:
  1. This sort of makes me think of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. Are sequels a thing now?
  2. I always thought that while the region was great, the story was a bit short. Was that on purpose?
  3. I am 200% sure that the new legendaries are just Solgaleo x Necrozma and Lunala x Necrozma. Like Zekrom x Kyurem and Reshiram x Kyurem...in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. (I can really see a lot of stuff they stole from those games!)
  4. Will Lusamine return? She and Lillie left for Sinoh (or was ik Kanto or Johto? Well, one of the old regions)- but now that there is time for a new story who knows/ You might have noticed that her husband Mohn is still alive and kicking and managing the PokéPelago. It would be nice if they finally sorted that out.

Also, here's a fun trailer breakdown:
I really hope we get Pokémon following us again, like the good old days of HeartGold and SoulSilver...

Will you be picking up either (or both)? What do you expect? First thoughts? Anyhoo, discuss!

Last edited:
I'll honestly probably be picking up both! No reason to stop now! I'm excited for the them, even though I was really hoping for Sinnoh remakes. People are theorizing that these will be the last Pokemon games for the 3DS, and Gen 8 will be on the Switch. I better start saving up for a Switch, lol.

I've seen a lot of people say the same thing about the legendaries! It's very similar to the DNA splicers of BW2.

I believe it was Kanto, too.

As long as the menus are a crap lot faster than in the previous games, I'll be happy with it.
I mean, all that clicking and sliding, and just to give a held item, or teach a forgotten move,
You know what I mean? Seems like a lot of work just to move me Pokemon around.

This is 2017, right?

I know that is really really cool . i hope to see new pokemons , new clothing , new cities , new gym leaders , new mega evolutions and new Z moves . I really enjoyed my adventure in pokemon Sun so what will be the case in pokemon ultra sun! But it is again too far from now but i don't really appreciate how lunala is in ultra moon :thumbsdown:

Despite how annoyed I am with them pulling another B2/W2 mishap, I'm still probably going to buy them both anyway. But not before getting SuMo out of the way.

I'll honestly probably be picking up both! No reason to stop now! I'm excited for the them, even though I was really hoping for Sinnoh remakes. People are theorizing that these will be the last Pokemon games for the 3DS, and Gen 8 will be on the Switch. I better start saving up for a Switch, lol.

I've seen a lot of people say the same thing about the legendaries! It's very similar to the DNA splicers of BW2.

I believe it was Kanto, too.
Both? Big spender!
Oops. Kanto it is.

As long as the menus are a crap lot faster than in the previous games, I'll be happy with it.
I mean, all that clicking and sliding, and just to give a held item, or teach a forgotten move,
You know what I mean? Seems like a lot of work just to move me Pokemon around.

This is 2017, right?
Yes.

I know that is really really cool . i hope to see new pokemons , new clothing , new cities , new gym leaders , new mega evolutions and new Z moves . I really enjoyed my adventure in pokemon Sun so what will be the case in pokemon ultra sun! But it is again too far from now but i don't really appreciate how lunala is in ultra moon :thumbsdown:
New Pokémon: Probably though not too many, new clothing- yes, new cities- unlikely, it is the same region, ne gymleaders- see previous, new mega evolutions we haven seen in a while and for the love of god I hope there won be any new Z-moves.

Despite how annoyed I am with them pulling another B2/W2 mishap, I'm still probably going to buy them both anyway. But not before getting SuMo out of the way.
Sun and Moon are pretty great. I got Moon and i really love the atmosphere in the game and the story is pretty good too.

Even though I did say earlier that I might not be focused on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon initially, I think I might need more time to consider if I should buy one or not due to reasons. And I hope they would fix several flaws (like the lack of National Dex, among others). Plus, I felt like the games are having Black 2 and White 2 vibes a bit.

I, among some others, are also wondering how Lillie, Gladion and Lusamine's future will be, as well, so I hope they'll be returning characters for these games.

I actually thought BW2 was a lot better than their originals! They added a lot of new features that I enjoyed. I'm hoping the same goes for US&M. Though they'll probably end up keeping the Festival Plaza, which is annoying. -_-

I actually thought BW2 was a lot better than their originals! They added a lot of new features that I enjoyed. I'm hoping the same goes for US&M. Though they'll probably end up keeping the Festival Plaza, which is annoying. -_-

Be that as it may, they still could've put B2/W2 into a single title rather than two more. Same goes for uSU/uMO.

No! The festival plaza is fun! At the very least it suits the spirit of the region quite well.

No! The festival plaza is fun! At the very least it suits the spirit of the region quite well.
I don't really like how you have to drop everything you're doing to connect to someone. You can't even hatch eggs in there! Though I suppose it's grown on me a little since I got it.

I don't really like how you have to drop everything you're doing to connect to someone. You can't even hatch eggs in there! Though I suppose it's grown on me a little since I got it.
True, I thought yes a circular path! Easy hatching. But nope. I hope they fix that in UltraMoon.

Back