Gen 6 Pokémon X/Y are hackable

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Well, with the last new I found, (about those 3 secrets pokémons), I found this game is hackable.

Why? The guy who found those pokémon were hiddens on the game code, that means he modified the code or used cheats to find them.

Also with risky tools you can clone pokémons.
So those are bad news actually.

That's pretty bad. I hate how people take literal time in their lives to pry into things like brand new games to hack them and mess up a whole bunch of stuff not only for themselves, but oftentimes for other people too. I don't understand why the original game isn't good enough for a lot of people.

I think its a really bad habit that when people get a good game decide to hack it, they just end up spoiling the game for other people like in the Online play of the game. Some people actually take their time to level up their Pokemon to reach the standard require to do online tournaments and battles, its disgusting but you really help it.

That's pretty bad. I hate how people take literal time in their lives to pry into things like brand new games to hack them and mess up a whole bunch of stuff not only for themselves, but oftentimes for other people too. I don't understand why the original game isn't good enough for a lot of people.

Well, the original reason they hack those games for others is for fun. It's like playing or doing challenges for them.

I think its a really bad habit that when people get a good game decide to hack it, they just end up spoiling the game for other people like in the Online play of the game. Some people actually take their time to level up their Pokemon to reach the standard require to do online tournaments and battles, its disgusting but you really help it.

If you like the game, it doesn't care about how other play honestly :p

Well, the original reason they hack those games for others is for fun. It's like playing or doing challenges for them.

I guess it doesn't matter, but ....

You're right.. xD If they want to play the game a certain way, let's let them! Hack on ;)

Well true but I bet in online features those who hacked make it unbearable to win.

Well true but I bet in online features those who hacked make it unbearable to win.

But there's a banning system. They can ban the game copy and the console :p

But there's a banning system. They can ban the game copy and the console :p
Well I feel stupid now, first mixing up @Memento Mori 's "400 Posts Congrats" message, now this, I think its time to sleep.

Reactions: ErixSan
Well I bet that guy is a ingenious guy to use tools and modify the pokemon x and y game and it's kind of dangerous.

Well, with the last new I found, (about those 3 secrets pokémons), I found this game is hackable.

Why? The guy who found those pokémon were hiddens on the game code, that means he modified the code or used cheats to find them.

Also with risky tools you can clone pokémons.
So those are bad news actually.
well they were hackable from the first place, it was just a matter of finding the means to do so. They were bound to do it sooner or later.

well they were hackable from the first place, it was just a matter of finding the means to do so. They were bound to do it sooner or later.
Well it's just really hard to hack a game I guess ? but it's sad that people are cheating just to get the pokemon in the game.

Well it's just really hard to hack a game I guess ? but it's sad that people are cheating just to get the pokemon in the game.
He isn't cheating to get the pokemon in the game, he's cheating to see what kind of secrets are in the game. Also, it's hard to hack because 3DS isn't exactly emulatable and all that

Well so I guess that guy is actually a genius out of curiosity he went to hack the game to see the secrets of the pokemon game and what the developers had done.

Well so I guess that guy is actually a genius out of curiosity he went to hack the game to see the secrets of the pokemon game and what the developers had done.
Apparently it's not that hard to hack the game if you're good at hacking. Apparently GameFreak didn't secure their source code that well

Apparently it's not that hard to hack the game if you're good at hacking. Apparently GameFreak didn't secure their source code that well
But I think that to make a game unhackable would be pretty hard, there is a limit towards how protected a source code is right, I don't think we can get away from stuff like this.

But I think that to make a game unhackable would be pretty hard, there is a limit towards how protected a source code is right, I don't think we can get away from stuff like this.
yeah true, but some protection is better than no protection. It'd keep away a bunch of hackers (like in this case, a) having source code protected to some extent, and b) 3DS hardware differences, could together have contributed to making sure it doesn't get hacked.....honestly there have been some new developments BECAUSE of the hackability)

yeah true, but some protection is better than no protection. It'd keep away a bunch of hackers (like in this case, a) having source code protected to some extent, and b) 3DS hardware differences, could together have contributed to making sure it doesn't get hacked.....honestly there have been some new developments BECAUSE of the hackability)
True, but it's really a cause that we can't help right now, I think the hackers will try their best just to hack this system no matter what, there can be some protection but it would only stop then to a certain point.

About the guy, I don't think that he accessed the game code, as it is compiled and not run just-in-time like the Xbox360-XB1/PS3-4/WiiU does. I think that he use some kind of tool to access the ARM Processor operands and started digging from here. If that's the case, then it means that those 3 legendary pokemons were included in X/Y and were going to be revealed as an event, or when another game (Pokemon Z ?) will come out.

Still, understanding ARM is pain, so, he must have some skill with ASM and ARM.

About the guy, I don't think that he accessed the game code, as it is compiled and not run just-in-time like the Xbox360-XB1/PS3-4/WiiU does. I think that he use some kind of tool to access the ARM Processor operands and started digging from here. If that's the case, then it means that those 3 legendary pokemons were included in X/Y and were going to be revealed as an event, or when another game (Pokemon Z ?) will come out.

Still, understanding ARM is pain, so, he must have some skill with ASM and ARM.
Yeah, those pokemon were likely for events. And in the case of Mega Lati@s for all we know that could be an indication of Hoenn remakes and some kind of event with those games

HACKERS RUIN THE GAME
BETTER PLAY IT FAIR

Back