Gen 4 Pokelthon and The bug catch contest thing

• Thread starter Hikki
  • Start date
Hikki

Hikki

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Doesnt anyone still remember these things? They were the small mini games and you chose I think 3 Pokemons and each Pokemon has an individual stat and you could feed Juice to it to increase a stat. You earned points for winning and you could redeem them for prizes! The great bug catching contest is awesome I believe you had to catch specific Pokemon with one a few balls or a time limit I think. :D

Do you mean the thing all the way back in the small corner of the Sinnoh region ? If so , I never really played it because I think it needed some sort of multi player thinng but it really gives me that memorable feel of playing Pokemon Platinum :D One time I used a cheat to walk through walls and all I found was grass >.< I will never know how to enter it

Do you mean the thing all the way back in the small corner of the Sinnoh region ? If so , I never really played it because I think it needed some sort of multi player thinng but it really gives me that memorable feel of playing Pokemon Platinum :D One time I used a cheat to walk through walls and all I found was grass >.< I will never know how to enter it

The Pokeathlon and Bug-Catching Contest were both in HGSS (and the Bug Contest may have also been in the original GS, not sure)

But yes, I do remember these. I really need to play Soul Silver again, because these events were really fun, especially doing the Pokeathlon on local wireless. I wish they would bring back these events in newer games.

Yeah, still remember it :D I caught my trusty Syther in that safari and Trained my Tyspolision (I think the spelling are wrong) in the Poke-marathon thing. Ah, thanks for reminding me, I have to transfer them to my AS :p

I think that it was my favorite side thing and I haves only played the bug catching contest once on local wireless but it was my favorite one. :D I almost won but I ran out of time so yeah. I caught a Pinsir there and it was my favorite Pokemon in that game :)

I was so small when I first did that thing, I actually played that more than I actually battled with my Pokemon(memories). I played that bug catching thing so much and I was finally able to catch a Scyther there! I thought it looked so cool and it was one of my favorite Pokemon in the game.

Bug contest was not that interesting as pokethalon , I still miss those mini games .I used spend hour to only play those games .I love those games and I wish that they should come in upcoming generation.

Reactions: Robbie
The Pokeathelon was my favorite thing to do post-game in SS. If they ever re-remake Johto, this better be included. I remember how great Red Gyrados was in Stamina and Power, and how Togepi had the perfect Stanima. I would always challenge by brother, and often would win.

I dug through my box of old games to find my ss. Apparently i transferred everything (Apart from a bidoof) to gen 5... So i started a new game. Gonna be playing this for the rest of the week to get to the pokeathlon bit!

Back