• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date

Art Academy Colors 3D or Comic Workshop 1 and or 2

• Total voters
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I finally got a little more money in the Eshop thanks to varies circumstances and now I'm going to get a drawing game..... application...(??????) Which one do you think is best please vote! I saw all of them and kinda saw all the pros and cons so I'm asking all people who played one or all of the apps: which one do truly(and Really) believe is better than the others?

My heart is still with Pokemon Art Academy.

With poke, you'll have nice tutorials that will show you multiple techniques. You have more tools and it is easier to use.

With Colors! 3D, you will have layers (which is awesome really) and an awesome community where you can upload videos of drawings and see many too.

I don't own Comic Workshop so I can't tell for this.

Reactions: Kakea and PigMayor
I have colors 3d and it gives you a quick tutorial on how to work the game. It has a wide range of colors, the pen options are limited (it's a slider that lets the ink be super huge or really tiny, the other is solid ink to an airbrush effect). You have three options of screen view, Landscape, Widescreen or Portait.

Like @SunnyWindy said you can layer which is helpful with coloring.

It even comes with coloring pages too.

My sibling has comic Workshop, and I really don't know much about it. They said the tutorial took a long time but the actual app lets you make comics in the style of manga. It looks like it comes with all the effects and stuff that manga has.

Here's something I made on
IMG_20150707_160919_hdr.jpg

Whoa!!! Alright I'm between Pokémon Art Academy and colors 3D:my sibiling bought Comic Workshop 2 and it froze while trying to draw a line..I have to decide more tools or layers(I'm excited about both because I have Flipnote 3D and HAVE used both before in that but it's REALLY restrained to only sharing flipnotes locally and I live around a seemingly no 3DS area so I really excited for/need one of these)

I reccommend Pokemon art academy if you really like to doodle pokemon on your free time. I reccommend colors 3D if you want a portable digital painter application were you can draw any digital creation anywhere and anytime.

Reactions: Kakea
I reccommend Pokemon art academy if you really like to doodle pokemon on your free time. I reccommend colors 3D if you want a portable digital painter application were you can draw any digital creation anywhere and anytime.
WVW69iy2yi0YZNZt--.jpg I did get it! I've been drawing all my favorite Pokemon after finishing all the lessons, after I'm going to do requests! I can't wait to show off my art work!

Reactions: 2205
They all have their ups and downs but still all very good if you want different ways in doing your art work. I know you can share your art with 3d Colors and you have a way to post your work from comic workshop but I'm not sure if you can share or post your work from the Pokemon Art Academy. I have 3d colors and both comic workshops, I enjoy using both of them.

Reactions: Kakea
They all have their ups and downs but still all very good if you want different ways in doing your art work. I know you can share your art with 3d Colors and you have a way to post your work from comic workshop but I'm not sure if you can share or post your work from the Pokemon Art Academy. I have 3d colors and both comic workshops, I enjoy using both of them.

You can! I hve posted many drawings to miiverse! (until my charger died... D: )
The only downside is, no layers and all posted pictures has a emblem on the bottom.
A friend of mine told me Comic workshop was fun too, but a little "furry" looking if you don't zoom in close enough. He uploads pictures for me to use on my games all the time though, and they look really good!

Back