Pokemon Art Academy vs Colors! 3D

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
Hey guys, I'm considering buying Pokemon Art Academy but was wondering if any of you already owns it and Colors! 3D.

I would like to know how the tools compare between both of these game/app. I'm leaning towards Pokemon to use the tutorials and because the tools look really cool but the price is pretty high here.

So, can someone compare both of these, or any other similar game/tool?

Pokemon Art Academy is better, well, if you like pokemon, but it is pricey, I have both, and after playing PAA, Colors 3D seemed sooo boring. lol

A similiar tool/game is Comic Workshop. It has tutorials, but is confusing. I regret buying it.

I think that pokemon art academy is better if your just starting out drawing or stuff and want to learn more. Colors 3d has better tools in my opinion and better artistic stuff but no enhanced tutorials like pokemon art a ademy. You could also just try watching a YouTube video and see which one you like better from that. I think colors 3d got a higher game rating than pokemon art academy.
For other stuff you could try procreate 2. It's an app for ios and its pretty sick.

I'd like to stay away from iOS stuff though, I only have an iPod and it's not really convenient. For colors 3D, I've seen only speed paintings so far so it doesn't really help me that much =( I've seen Lets Play of Pokemon and it looked pretty sweet.

The reason why Pokemon has lower rating might be because it has Pokemon in its title. Pokemon fans who don't really like to draw found it boring... and gave it a bad review... While Colors! 3D had no reason to appeal players who don't like to draw.

I'd like to stay away from iOS stuff though, I only have an iPod and it's not really convenient. For colors 3D, I've seen only speed paintings so far so it doesn't really help me that much =( I've seen Lets Play of Pokemon and it looked pretty sweet.

The reason why Pokemon has lower rating might be because it has Pokemon in its title. Pokemon fans who don't really like to draw found it boring... and gave it a bad review... While Colors! 3D had no reason to appeal players who don't like to draw.
Ohh I see. Didn't realize some people might not even give pokemon art academy a try because it has pokemon in its name.
. Have you heard of another 3ds game called art academy lessons for everyone? I don't have it but it looks really similar to pokemon art academy and seems very advanced ish

Reactions: faustine
It was the opposite I was saying, people buying the game because it has pokemon in its title and getting disappointed after because it's a drawing tool more than a game ;)

The other Art Academy has less tool than the pokemon one (which is improved) and has like 20$ worth of DLC to get to have the tools =/

It was the opposite I was saying, people buying the game because it has pokemon in its title and getting disappointed after because it's a drawing tool more than a game ;)

The other Art Academy has less tool than the pokemon one (which is improved) and has like 20$ worth of DLC to get to have the tools =/
20$ worth of dlc just for the tools!? That pricing is wayy over the top. People are already giving 40$ for the game so they should have all the tools already as well :/
Ooh I misread your explanation of pokemon art academy:ninja:
Looks like it was the other way around lol. But that makes sense. Pokemon enthusiasts might just buy the game without thinking and give it a low score because it's not really a game

Just got the Pokemon one, we'll see how it is!

Just got the Pokemon one, we'll see how it is!
Nice! Hopefully the games as good as you hope it is.

I am also considering getting Pokemon Art Academy because I love Pokemon, and it would be awesome to draw pokemon on your own. But I'm not artsy enough to know where to start, so a tutorial for drawing them is a plus for me.

I purchased Art Academy First Semester via Club Nintendo coins. The tools are every interesting to use! So I really want to get a copy of PAA.

I got it and so far it is really awesome. There are more tools than in First Semester (I have this as well) and the tutorials are really easy to get into.

Reactions: faustine
I have both Comic Workshop and Painting Workshop (literally the cheaper version).

As my reviews suggested, both games serves no tutorial, but as your media (Photoshop x Paint-like app).

I actually prefer Comic Workshop since you can switch Anti-aliasing on/off, but in Painting Workshop, the anti-aliasing feature is turned on by default (and you cannot turn it off).

You can draw illustration (aside from comic) in Comic Workshop and you'll get larger resolutions than Painting Workshop (if exported). But if you want to paint only, Painting Workshop is enough actually :cat:

Reactions: Knight Rain
I think they all sound cool, Colors!3D looks like fun, I like it shows you how you drew the picture. I don't own it but my sister has it. Also I want to try Pokémon Art Academy, does it teach you to draw Pokémon or can you free draw in it with Pokémon backgrounds?

I saw that Comic one and it looks a bit complex.

Back