Pokemon Bank PKMN cloud storage service

• Thread starter Nuke
  • Start date
Nuke

Nuke

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I couldn't post on 3DS Pedia's main page from here, so I figured I'd do it on the forums instead.

Marc can repost it, if I don't make it in time.

It'll be a $5/yr service to essentially do PKMN Box services over the Internet. This service will also perform generational migration, if you want, and will seemingly work for Generation V and future generations' games.

I hope you all enjoy this news from Nintendo and Game Freak today.

That's yesterday's news - http://3dspedia.com/4-september-2013-pokemon-direct/
...plus two sentences wouldn't "cut it" for main website, :bag: :cry:

As for the news, I'm not going to waste money on Pokemon Bank. I might have done it if I owned B/W/B2/W2 because of the Poke Transporter app. I just hope it rejects hacked Pokemon.

Reactions: ErixSan
DERP didn't see it.

And yeah, it should reject those hacked Pokemon, but it probably won't. Sadface.

That's yesterday's news - http://3dspedia.com/4-september-2013-pokemon-direct/
...plus two sentences wouldn't "cut it" for main website, :bag: :cry:

As for the news, I'm not going to waste money on Pokemon Bank. I might have done it if I owned B/W/B2/W2 because of the Poke Transporter app. I just hope it rejects hacked Pokemon.

It should have been more expensive >.< Everyone should have to IV breed and EV train from scratch.

Reactions: Marc
It should have been more expensive >.< Everyone should have to IV breed and EV train from scratch.
I suppose this is just how we'll have to migrate to Gen VI and onward, thus why GenV games' Pokemon are accepted.

Reactions: Memento Mori
I suppose this is just how we'll have to migrate to Gen VI and onward, thus why GenV games' Pokemon are accepted.

They should have made it so that only eggs and legendaries could be migrated.

I'm still iffy about the annual subscription. I mean it's good even great for Pokemon but it's not DropBox or something. I guess we could all have one single 3DSPedia box (Which Marc pays for :sneaky:) where we can all save our Pokemon (that we need).

I'm still iffy about the annual subscription. I mean it's good even great for Pokemon but it's not DropBox or something. I guess we could all have one single 3DSPedia box (Which Marc pays for :sneaky:) where we can all save our Pokemon (that we need).

Well, we can buy boxes with our play coins!

Reactions: Memento Mori
I guess we could all have one single 3DSPedia box (Which Marc pays for :sneaky:) where we can all save our Pokemon (that we need).
If Joe finds a Blaziken from May and decides to take it...? :sneaky: Anyway, I'm guessing the Bank will be tied to one 3DS. It's not like they're going to ask for an email address to log in :cry:

Reactions: ErixSan
If Joe finds a Blaziken from May and decides to take it...? :sneaky: Anyway, I'm guessing the Bank will be tied to one 3DS. It's not like they're going to ask for an email address to log in :cry:
even If it's tied to one account, one player can take people's pokemon (trading) and save it in the bank. When anyone wants any pokemon back they trade it again.

Whoa, this is pretty cool! I didn't know about this until now, thanks, guys! Anyways, I really don't mind paying for this service, especially since it's only five dollars a year. If I do get the game, I might download this service as well, as I always collect a lot of Pokémon throughout my journeys.

Good news (well, maybe bad for some people, hehe). The Pokemon Bank service will not be available on the game's launch date. It'll be available on December 27th in Europe. No word about North America, yet.

Good news (well, maybe bad for some people, hehe). The Pokemon Bank service will not be available on the game's launch date. It'll be available on December 27th in Europe. No word about North America, yet.
Well, this is a really odd thing. I guess they've had some trouble in getting everything operational on the server side.

Good news for you! :D

The Pokemon Bank service will not be available on the game's launch date. It'll be available on December 27th in Europe. No word about North America, yet.
Nintendo of America confirmed yesterday that Poke Bank and Poke Transporter will launch on December 27th in North America. That's the same PB & PT launch date for Europe, ;)

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/386183184398168064

I read that there will be a 30 day free trail if you activate it before January 31st, :eek:

Nintendo of America confirmed yesterday that Poke Bank and Poke Transporter will launch on December 27th in North America. That's the same PB & PT launch date for Europe, ;)

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/386183184398168064

I read that there will be a 30 day free trail if you activate it before January 31st, :eek:
Yeah, heard that. It's quite late to be honest but better late than never. I'm still iffy about the pricing but I'll give the 3o day free trial a shot to see if it's any good.

I got the 30 day trial on March 14, 2014 but sadly, my free trial expired before I could get the game. Now I can't transfer pokemon from White and Black 2 or get the event Celebi. Sadface.:(

I don't like how Poke Transporter requires a fee. It's fine if Pokemon Bank is a paid feature, but Poke Transporter is something that always has been free. I wanted to bring in some of my SoulSilver Pokemon, but oh well.

Back