Pokemon experts wanted!

• Thread starter FireEmblem Smash Player
  • Start date

Can you guys help me be a Pokemon expert?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
FireEmblem Smash Player

FireEmblem Smash Player

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
I have played pokemon games before, but I have never gotten very good. I hear things like IV and what type of personality that pokemon have, and that it affects the game greatly. I was wondering what thoes meant, and is there anything else I should know? I want to challenge the pokemon league here on 3dspedia, but I feel like I will need to know those before I challenge them. Thx ;)

Well basically, IVs are the strengths that your Pokemon our born with, so of the 6 stats (HP, ATK, DEF, SP. ATK, SP.DEF, SPE) whichever ones has a perfect 31 value is considered to be perfect IVs. Every Pokemon works differently so you'll have to IV breed accordingly :p
More info here

Thank you so much, it really helps.:thumbsup:

How to I get perfect IVs, and how many perfects can you have on one Pokemon.

To get IVs in Gen 6 you have to use a destiny knot and make one parent hokd it, then put that parent in the day care with another parent (most favorably one with the right nature). You will have to continuously switch out parents with better IVs until you get the right one. A pokemon can get a maximum of 6 Perfect IVs in (meaning all their stats are perfect).

To get IVs in Gen 6 you have to use a destiny knot and make one parent hokd it, then put that parent in the day care with another parent (most favorably one with the right nature). You will have to continuously switch out parents with better IVs until you get the right one. A pokemon can get a maximum of 6 Perfect IVs in (meaning all their stats are perfect).
Mind if I help? I also have a little tip to offer.;)

As you may or may not know, in the battle resort you can find an ace trainer inside the pokemon center. He can ( for some odd reason :locktopic:) see what IV's your pokemon has. Like pointed earlier, you can use this information to correctly breed specific Iv's. An easy way to start of is if you have a Ditto. As you continue, you'll have a good breeded pokemon in no time.:bookworm:

Another thing to point out is with Ev training. Not the pokemon Eevee, but rather, as effort value point.:writing: I would tell you, but not at the moment, sorry.:( I am needed elsewhere,:ninja: and to that, have a good day.:)

Thank you, so much, going to finish up hw, then get on pokemon.:p

i can help you. I used to be really bad but after i came here i became a lot better. You have to follow smogon to play competitively but you should watch someone good. E.g. Mogwai. I play VGC so i watch cybertron VGC

Thank you, so much, going to finish up hw, then get on pokemon.:p
Just tell us anything you need help with I used to play pokemon in clans competetively for a while(2 years)

In the end, what matters most is the strategy you will deploy with your Pokemon. Even if you don't do IV and EV training, it's best to create a plan on how to deal with a battle. For that, you must understand the Pokemon, like the moves it can learn, strength, and weakness. A Blissey has a high HP and DF value and can learn Soft-Boiled, making it like a "wall" and causing your opponent to waste PP. Some Normal-type Pokemon, like Stoutland and Lopunny can use a diverse type move that would typically need a certain type Pokemon to have, like Thunder Fang and Fire Punch.

Cleverness also counts, because strength alone will get you far. Case in point, a player who won the battle by using a level 1 Pokemon. How is it possible? It was a Rattata who was born with both the Endevour and Quick Attack move, and was holding a Focus Sash. All it takes is a hit, use Endevour to lower the target's HP to 1 and use Quick Attack to move first. Of course, that would never happen again, but using these clever tactics will be a huge benefit. That's true with Double and Triple battles when using the right move combo. You can look it up yourself.

Remember to study more about each Pokemon, have a variety of type moves, and be clever with your plan. I hope it helps.

Ahh no worries I was the same a long time ago :) Let's see if I could simplify things so you could get a better understanding. The personality of your Pokemon effects two stats. Depending on the personality one stat gets hindered and the other gets a boost. IV stands for individual value. The more I've a Pokemon has on a stat the STRONGER the Pokemon is on that stat. There is a maximum of 255 I've per stat and 512 per pokemon. There are several ways to get I've such as battling specific Pokemon and Super Training. Good luck!

Also can someone tell me what the SP. Attach and SP.defense mean?

Also can someone tell me what the SP. Attach and SP.defense mean?
It stands for "Special attack" and "Special defense".

Back