Pokemon for Switch Theories and Ideas

• Thread starter Chronal
  • Start date
Chronal

Chronal

egirl no 1
Towns Folk
The Pokémon company announced a brand new mainline Pokémon game for the Switch at this last years E3. With the franchise making the Switch into the home console scene, this would be the perfect chance to see some major changes made to the series. The Switch has so much more power than any other system Pokémon's been on, and the variety of possibilities that Game Freak could do with the game with all this extra power.

I want the next Pokémon game to be truly open world. The series has been slowing evolving towards that route, with routes becoming more expansive and more things to do in the world, but I think it can be taken to the next level. A world full of Pokémon, with a variety of sidequests (even some similar to Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, which had a lot of them from what I remember), and many places to explore.

I would also love the region to have gyms again. While trials were a nice break, it didn't feel right to not have any gyms. Now, gyms could function a little differently. Maybe combine the ideas of trials and gyms together, mixing fighting and weird minigames. I'm not a game design expert, but there's a lot of potential in revamping gyms, and Pokémon has shown they aren't afraid to break that formula.

The last thing I would like to see it what I would ask from every Pokémon game. A good post game. That is all.

What would you like to see in the Switch Pokémon game?

Pokemon Switch might be like Pokemon Coloseum hopefully ,but more better it might let you battle and transfer pokemon from Pokebank to Pokemon Switch and hopefully it is a story with no gyms and no trials and you I hope that you can travel with three partners and if you can use their pokemons if yours get hurt or fainted and if when you battled they can help you and if this is Alola related possibly Marshadow can have be Light Marshadow since Lugia from Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness was Dark and there will be more gangs hopefully I really liked pokemon Colloseum a lot maybe this might be the same ,but better.

The only other time Nintendo has bought a "main" game to a home console were Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness. Now, they're gonna have to bring an entire generation to the Switch.

Knowing Pokemon, it never loses an opportunity to make the most out of every potential. Switch poses a lot of potential, but a lot of challenge as well. Nintendo went all-out with Sun/Moon, but still couldn't quite make it as good as it was expecting. Now that software limitations aren't an issue, Pokemon can finally push to its limits and create an even better experience.

I think I would be interested in this gig. The fact that it can convert from being a home console to a portable device sounds like a cool feature to see your Pokémon on the big screen. Plus, it could include multiple save files (which I'm not counting on) and possibly Breath of the Wild graphics. It looks cool!

Back