PkMn Go Pokemon Go for 3DS

• Thread starter Iso Kilo
  • Start date
Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Sonic 1 Hacker
Towns Folk
So when Pokémon Go releases worldwide (for now I have this hack because I'm Canadian.) I'm hoping that they will also make Pokémon Go for 3DS/2DS I could understand how this might not work such as the 3DS/2DS requiring an built in GPS, but I at least want Nintendo to give it a shot, more kids would be playing this game as intended and it would get a lot more people out and about. And I honestly think this should have started out as a project for 3DS/2DS, as well it wouldn't be hard to program the 3D for it all you have to do is make the Pokémon 3D. With Spotpass you can alert the player about a Pokémon they passed or their defense reward is renewed.

No. The whole point of Pokemon go was to get people to excercise more. It's also easier to have Pokemon go on phones than it is a 3ds

Reactions: 3905, Zukrad, Blue Knight and 1 other person
Pokemanz go is a waste of time to make for a 3ds, let alone a handheld device that doesn't have a GPS feature.

They already had a game similar to that on 3DS and almost nobody played it. Check Pokémon Dream Radar.

Reactions: Shin and Slayerpon Tatsu
No. The whole point of Pokemon go was to get people to excercise more. It's also easier to have Pokemon go on phones than it is a 3ds
Well I think phones is something Nintendo doesn't really know how to work with yet because they've only worked with their own consoles, and still with the 3ds it would still get you to exercise.

Pokemanz go is a waste of time to make for a 3ds, let alone a handheld device that doesn't have a GPS feature.
It's not considering I'm a depressed person means I don't have much to do in the summer so Pokémon Go isn't always a waste of time, although it is a waste of battery.

They already had a game similar to that on 3DS and almost nobody played it. Check Pokémon Dream Radar.

Lol I guess you're right, but if it was Pokémon Go everyone would be playing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be pointless, there's no way they can work a GPS feature into the 3DS (no, don't argue it, it's plain impossible) and that's kinda sorts the whole point of Pokemon Go, really.

Some games are meant for mobile plataforms, and even if mobile games kinda sorta suck, this is one of those, at best, they could do something similar with StreetPass, sending and receiving Pokemon or something like that, and even then it would suck considering it would depend on the player living near people with 3DSes, instead of catching Pokemon based on current location.

Might work in Japan, not in the rest of the world.

Reactions: Zukrad
Well, they could by sending a GPS dongle to plug to your 3DS, the same way a circle pad pro works, but it would be pricy.

Well, they could by sending a GPS dongle to plug to your 3DS, the same way a circle pad pro works, but it would be pricy.
Pricy, and not a very good idea, if the mobile version is free, not many people will want to buy an extra accessory just to play it on a generally slower console, they'd end up losing money over that.

Just like to point out for a gps to work you need your wifi to be turned on and have a wireless connection; something a 3ds doesn't have. Also, they already did a "Pokemon Go" a long time ago.
image.png

Reactions: 3905
So they did it multiple times already and it didn't work out so well.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
The PokeWalker was a nice gadget to have for HGSS. However, it is quite different from Pokemon Go.

Speaking of Pokemon Go for the 3ds, it would never work out. The 3ds is too bulky to carry around with you. The resolution for that game, is bad, to say the least, or pathetic, to be precise. Not to mention the lack of GPS on the 3ds. For internet connection, you would need a mobile hotspot or portable wi-fi all along.

In conclusion, it is good enough for the mobile. Pokemon and Niantic should first perfect their mobile game before they even think about other consoles.

Pokemon GO on 3ds? Here's some reasons why that won't work. The 3ds is bigger than your phone, so it'd be harder to take around with you.The app is vertical, not horizontal, so the image would be off by a bit.You need a built-in gps, which the 3ds doesn't have.Even if they did some kind of accessory for the 3ds, they'd still have to charge you for it anyways, making the game "free", not free.The game requires WiFi and hotspots are a pain in the butt to try to get in without knowing the password.There are many more reasons I won't list as this is already a lot of edivence.

So when Pokémon Go releases worldwide (for now I have this hack because I'm Canadian.) I'm hoping that they will also make Pokémon Go for 3DS/2DS I could understand how this might not work such as the 3DS/2DS requiring an built in GPS, but I at least want Nintendo to give it a shot, more kids would be playing this game as intended and it would get a lot more people out and about. And I honestly think this should have started out as a project for 3DS/2DS, as well it wouldn't be hard to program the 3D for it all you have to do is make the Pokémon 3D. With Spotpass you can alert the player about a Pokémon they passed or their defense reward is renewed.

Won't happen. The 3DS (New or not) just don't have the processing power to handle it, nor the GPS to determine your location. Which would mean that even if it had the power, you'd have to have a Wi-Fi/3G access in order to use cellular/Wi-Fi networks to determine your position. Plus, how would you get a notification when you get near a Pokémon ? Since the 3DS don't have any vibration feature, you'd be stuck.

Edit: Saw about the SpotPass stuff. Well, you can't. SpotPass doesn't work that way. SpotPass data is data stored in the console's memory or on the SD, and that's data intended for local use, not "on-the-fly" usage, just like you'd think.

Well I think it is much easier to play Pokemon GO on mobile than a 3DS because it will be harder to carry the 3DS with you because it is heavy and bigger than a mobile. Also the app is vertical so the image would off a little bit. The Pokemon would be a little harder to catch in a 3DS and 3DS don't have the GPS to determine your location.

Even if they somehow make a Pokemon Go lookalike for the 3ds, it wouldn't be a hit. Firstly, the 3ds would be too bulky to carry. Today's smartphones are both light weight and water resistant (a major factor that has has to be considered).

Secondly, it would use a pedometer system since the 3ds doesn't have a gps (global positioning system). So it would have you walk and connect to a network afterwards to play/ continue (Pokewalker type, except its your 3ds this time).

Thirdly, they would have to redesign the whole game. Even if they add only the original 151 Pokemon, the whole game would have to be made from scratch since 3ds's specs aren't that good to support Pkmn Go (My phone hardly runs it, laggy). So don't expect anything like Pkmn Go.

Other reasons are also written by the users above that show that its near impossible to have Pokemon Go on the 3ds. A Pokewalker 3ds game can be made, but that's pretty farfetched.

Well okay, this definitely proves Pokémon Go will stay on the phone platform, and for the some of you that kind of gave me the feeling that you had intentions of being rude, this was just a silly idea I had, I don't have a phone so I was imagining what it could be like if it were to be on the 3DS, I clearly stated that I understand that the 3DS doesn't have a GPS, therefor Pokémon Go will not be possible for 3DS.

Reactions: Robbie
Back