SwSh Pokemon Home Details Revealed - Free But With A Premium Plan

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Pokemon Home pricing details have finally surfaced.

The service will cost $2.99 for 30 days, $4.99 for 3 months, and $15.99 for a full year. For the people solely interested in getting their Bank 'mons, I'm sure they'll be able to afford $3 with the extra funds in their eShop balance from purchasing games via eShop. We'll most likely be able to use gold points to purchase a subscription as well.

More details about the Pokemon Home service can be read below :eyes:

Table showing the differences between the two plans:

Basic Plan
Premium Plan
Number of Pokemon that can be deposited​
30​
6,000​
Number that can be added to the Wonder Box​
3 Pokemon​
10 Pokemon​
Number of Pokemon that can be added to the GTS at once​
1 Pokemon​
3 Pokemon​

What the Premium Plan offers that the free plan doesn't:
  • Moving Pokemon from Poke Bank.
  • Judge function.
  • Can participate and host in room trades (free plan can only participate).
Edit: I think Poke Bank will be free for the first week after Pokemon Home's release. Phone may be required for trading.

What do you think? Are you going to get it for your Bank 'mons or let others help-trade you?

Last edited:
If it only works on a phone I'm not gonna be able to transfer. If it was a Switch app that would be a different story. I guess it doesn't matter for me because I make mons for every generation specifically for that Gen or just copy sets from my past mons. IV check doesn't matter. The fact that there's no duplicating feature just means it has to be done other ways. The fact that GTS isn't in the base game is a joke. The basic plan seems the most reasonable. My bank mons weren't that important anyways I just hope it doesn't add to the Galar Dex later. Yes it looks possible I just like that there's a fixed amount of things to deal with just like the card game is in rotation. The only mon I'm concerned about not getting is Feebas.

I'm obviously gonna have to get it, and I think I'll have to get Pokemon Bank on the 3DS aswell to transfer all the Pokemon from there up, unfortunately.

Is the Basic plan free and the Premium plan the one you pay for? If so, I'll have to pay. 30 Pokemon storage is pretty bad.

As for me, I'll start with the basic plan for now, because I'm not ready to bring the cash to get the premium plan just yet. The fact that I'm also considering on whether to buy Pokémon Sword's Expansion Pass (which is more expensive than the yearly plan) as I'm thinking to renew my Pokébank subscription few months later doesn't help matters, too.

Back