Pokemon launching point for newbies

• Thread starter TAG
  • Start date
TAG

TAG

Indie supporter
Towns Folk
For those who've never played a Pokemon game (and for the sake of discussion let's pretend they know little to nothing about the series too) what would you suggest to start them out and why? Any and all games can be considered. Discuss and show your work however ... :D

Reactions: ShinyLatios
For those who've never played a Pokemon game (and for the sake of discussion let's pretend they know little to nothing about the series too) what would you suggest to start them out and why? Any and all games can be considered. Discuss and show your work however ... :D

They should start with the Gen 2 or this Gen. They are quite easy.
And also, massive training is recommendable as well as planning what the player's team should be (when he will have met more Pokemons).

Finally, if the player wants to win easily against his rival (Gen I/II/IV), he should pick a Water-Type starter, leaving his rival with a Grass-Type Pokemon.

Reactions: TAG
I would recommend playing pokemon black or white if they Started with pokemon x or y they wouldnt be interested in a game that has lower quality but you need to consider that pokemon fire red leaf green isn't really up to date

I woul recomand white or black because the story is amazing and the game graphics arnt terrible plus it is fun that or soul silver because u can walk with your pokemon and fight red the best/first trainer so one of those

They should start with the Gen 2 or this Gen. They are quite easy.
And also, massive training is recommendable as well as planning what the player's team should be (when he will have met more Pokemons).

Finally, if the player wants to win easily against his rival (Gen I/II/IV), he should pick a Water-Type starter, leaving his rival with a Grass-Type Pokemon.
Yes, You are right. Even though grass types are strong against Water types, many Water type Pokemon can learn Ice type moves, which are super effective against Grass types. Also, I find that most Pokemon that enemy NPC trainers have are Rock/Ground and they are easy to defeat nevertheless. I would agree with michima because yes they would not like GBA Pokemon games, but infact they are the 2nd best IMO, after Pokemon X :giggle:

Reactions: Kakarot88 and TAG
Contrary to what @D4rkDragon says....
I'd actually recommend starting Gen 3 because that's basically the start in a way (the first gen that's transferable all the way up to this gen). Also, I'd recommend just choosing the starter you like rather than a specific type. Don't worry about competitive battling until after you beat the Elite Four and have gotten used to the game.

Reactions: Kakarot88 and TAG
Contrary to what @D4rkDragon says....
I'd actually recommend starting Gen 3 because that's basically the start in a way (the first gen that's transferable all the way up to this gen). Also, I'd recommend just choosing the starter you like rather than a specific type. Don't worry about competitive battling until after you beat the Elite Four and have gotten used to the game.

But we're talking about a launching point, right ? After, it's ok for the player to transfer his Pokemons, but if you consider that even by starting with a Nintendo DS (Lite/Original), he would need a Gen IV game to transfer them.
And get the National Dex in it.

After, I could also have supposed by Gen II the Gen II remakes, that could have been a possibility (though they qualify for Gen IV in terms of available Pokemons...)

But we're talking about a launching point, right ? After, it's ok for the player to transfer his Pokemons, but if you consider that even by starting with a Nintendo DS (Lite/Original), he would need a Gen IV game to transfer them.
And get the National Dex in it.

After, I could also have supposed by Gen II the Gen II remakes, that could have been a possibility (though they qualify for Gen IV in terms of available Pokemons...)
Well, when you say Gen 2, people may assume that you mean the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal games. What you're saying does make sense though...at the same time, it takes away from the starting point of it all: Kanto. Furthermore, while Hoenn remakes is a possibility, it's still nothing more than a possibility at the moment and there's a lot of enjoyment to be gained from Pokemon Emerald.

Back