Pokemon Moon or Ultra Moon?

• Thread starter Ashkil
  • Start date
Ashkil

Ashkil

Space Cowboy
Towns Folk
I was planning on eventually getting Moon, but now that Ultra Moon is out I'm at a sort of crossroads. Do I just pick up Moon sometime soon or do I wait for Ultra Moon? I can't buy both keep in mind.
If anyone knows substantial differences between the two that would help

All we know is that there are the new Solgaleo and Lunala forms that have fused with Necrozma. We were also hinted at potential new Z-Moves for Lycanroc, Togedemaru and Mimikyu. Not only that, but within the Pokémon Direct, they stated that new Pokémon would be added to the game that were not in Sun and Moon. We do not know if they mean Pokémon from past generations that didn't get to make an appearance in Sun and Moon or if they are new Pokémon entirely. Also, UsUm is stated to have compatibility with the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold and Silver.

If I were in your shoes, I would probably wait until Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon to buy the game, as you never know if there may be new Ultra Beasts, Exclusive Z-Moves, or just new Pokémon in general. There also might be brand new features added to UsUm, which may change how players, both casual and competitive, play the game. And, if walking with Pokémon in the overworld is a plausible feature that arrives in the sequel games, it would kind of defeat the purpose of getting Moon as walking with Pokémon was such a fan favorite.

Long answer short, wait till this November to buy Ultra Moon.

Reactions: Dark Link, Marc, Kadaj and 1 other person
Do I just pick up Moon sometime soon or do I wait for Ultra Moon? I can't buy both keep in mind.
If you're in no rush for it, I'd say go for Ultra Moon.

It's the newer version out of the two so it'll likely have things you may not be able to get in the original Sun or Moon. Sort of like ORAS with the new mega stones that you couldn't use against XY players over WiFi :/

Reactions: Ashkil
Yea wait for Ultra Moon and just look up the walkthroughs of Pokémon Moon and look it up if you're new that's what I would do if I was in your situation also research the new pokemons and alola forms if youre not familiar to this besides it will help you save more money instead of having to buy 2 copies for $80 which is Pokemon Moon and Ultra Moon there is actually people who buy the dual packs :eek:imagine that's crazy so basically it will cost them like $120.

We don' t know enough about the game yet, but id say go for Ultra Moon when it comes out.

Firstly, as already mentioned,there will be new Pokemon and new forms, such as of Solgaleo and Lunala, as well as Dusk Lycanroc.

Secondly, from the trailer, it looks like Ultra sun/moon will be more colourful and better in terms of gameplay. That's not to say that sun/moon gamelay is bad, but the newer one seems a lot better.

Back