Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Gates to Infinity

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
anyone played this? how does it compare with the previous versions? is it any good?

I haven't personally played it myself, so I can't comment. xD

It's actually a really fun game. Makes me regret having traded in my copy of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the GBA, though. >_>

It looks like they finally went for a 3D approach. I haven't gotten around to buying this game, but it's on the list of games to buy.
It looks good from the little footage that I've seen of it.

I haven't played any of the other Mystery Dungeon games, but I really enjoyed this.

The story is really good, although people have told me the other games have a MUCHH longer post game (Gates to Infinity basically had one post game mission and that was it) but I liked it. The music was great too.

I chose Axew btw. Pikachu as my partner.

I loved it and I loved the storyline. I actually was crying at the ending lol, I wonder if they'll make a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? I'm not such a fan of the dungeon series, I like the main ones better but the dungeon series is ok.

I haven't played any of the other Mystery Dungeon games, but I really enjoyed this.

The story is really good, although people have told me the other games have a MUCHH longer post game (Gates to Infinity basically had one post game mission and that was it) but I liked it. The music was great too.

I chose Axew btw. Pikachu as my partner.

Wait there is a post game mission?

I loved it and I loved the storyline. I actually was crying at the ending lol, I wonder if they'll make a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? I'm not such a fan of the dungeon series, I like the main ones better but the dungeon series is ok.

Wait there is a post game mission?

Uh, I remember there being one. I know you played as your partner though, forget what it was about (COMPLETELY forgot the characters, all I remember is Hydreigon bein god)

A few months ago Nintendo trademarked something like "Phantom Labyrinth" or something along those lines. Would fit good as a PMD title.

I tried this game out on a demo, and I'm in love with it! The graphics are amazing (I actually like the 3D Effects in this game), and same as Nanamine, I heard so many good things about the story, I didn't know there was a post-game as well (mission), which makes it MUCH better.

I'm a huge fan of the dungeon series been playing it since Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team, and it's amazing to see how far this series has grown in terms of the graphics and music as well! I'm surely putting this on my to-get list, may get it when there is a price-drop (if there ever is one).

I checked the game when it came out, but the portal system sounded like a grind and the negative reviews put me off. :sorry: Is it a grind-y game?

I enjoyed the old games when I was younger but now I'm not that big of a fan. Still, I like the idea of these Mystery Dungeon games. The demo made me lose interest and I actually couldn't wait to stop playing. I did finish the demo though, so that if someone asked me what I thought about it, I'd have an answer to tell them.

I wasn't quite a fan of this one, I enjoyed all the previous titles however (excepted the WiiWare ones, since they're region-locked). I'm waiting for the next one, I hope it will bring Gen 6 Pokémons towards the series, and why not the Mega-Evolutions for the bosses or the player ?

Also, one thing I loved in this one: No. Damn. Nonsensical. Personality. Test. I hope they'll keep this feature, because why spending 30 minutes to do something that takes you barely 2 minutes in this one ?

I liked the 3D cutscenes, music, and parts of the story. The ending was great, since it wasn't completely like previous titles. But as everyone pointed out, the lack of postgame content was a bit disappointing. Another problem was that unlike previous games, there was only a small amount of Pokemon. Overall, I liked the game, but it was too short.

Haven't played the game (played the demo) but from what I can see it is a colourful game that is very creative. However, the reviews portray this game as: BORING, REPETITIVE, and DULL. Sadly :(

I have played the demo of this game, I'm not a fan of any other Pokemon game except for the real RPGs but this one was a fun little game. Stupid story but the gameplay and graphics were really fun.

Well, the previous mystery dungeon games had a little esurvey before you begin the game. In the survey, it determines what your personality is. You get the Pokemon that matches your personality based on the survey. lol that was one of the fun parts. The other one is the story, the previous games had a decent story that makes you shed a tear in the end lol (True story lol). After the story, theres nothing much left for you to do lol rather than taking requests for the rest of your life lol.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Well, the previous mystery dungeon games had a little esurvey before you begin the game. In the survey, it determines what your personality is. You get the Pokemon that matches your personality based on the survey. lol that was one of the fun parts. The other one is the story, the previous games had a decent story that makes you shed a tear in the end lol (True story lol). After the story, theres nothing much left for you to do lol rather than taking requests for the rest of your life lol.

Yes, or doing post-game dungeons. Some in Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky were really difficult, because they forced you to go alone, remove all your items, or simply reset everybody's level to 1. The Rescue Team games also had a lot of post-game content, and some kind of extra story that is very long for an extra !
But I agree, the story for Rescue Team/Explorers was awesome.

PS (check what I highlighted in your quote): That happened to me too, when I beat Rescue Team on the GBA for the first time. Was 4 years old at that time, so I have an excuse (if you want to laugh at me)!

Reactions: MMMs
I haven't played the Mystery Dungeon games in forever. D: I really should get back into them. The original MD title was so fun!

I tried this game once but it was not so bad what i love the most is exploring dungeon and being friend with other pokemon

I cried in blue rescue team in the goodbye message pokemon sent to the team when they were becoming fugitives,when they showed up at the team base and sent them off. Also cried at the ending so emotional.

I preferred Blue rescue team even though I only had the demo for gates to infinity. I didn't like the demo yet I liked blue rescue team even though it is boring now :(

Reactions: MLGirby
I've never played any Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game (or any Pokemon spinoff) before so I really can't judge much. However, the gameplay videos of these games are generally uninteresting so I'll probably pass on these games.

Back