Spin Off Pokemon mystery dungeon (series), NEVER play these dungeons (my selects)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so theres a decent handful of rough dungeons in the PMD series a whole, most of them arent that bad in my opinion but there are a few that are so insanely hard and long, runs that are forcibly and very heavily determined by RNG, and others have sadistic crap like OP wild mons that spam very strong ranged attacks and AOEs that can have a high chance of killing you. so whats the worst of the lot here? well i'll give you my top picks and explain why i advise you to NEVER--and i do mean, never play these dungeons!

#1: Zero Island South (Explorers of time/sky/ darkness) this was the worst deepwater insanity possible that just wasnt worth the struggle one bit. i went through this place so many flipping times just to see the end of it, and probably around 70 deaths with unavailable rescue options, whats my reward? a golden mask, three regular chests, and worst of all these chests had mid tier garbage that i can easily buy from kecleon: max elixir, reviver seed and i think the third was just another pokemon exclusive item (non legendary). all that ridiculous work just for some junk that i can get from playing easy missions? what sadistic troll on the dev team thought THIS was a good idea? it wasnt... it was a very disappointing mistake...

#2: Joyous Tower (red/ blue reacue team& DX) another big waste. however, there are some decent recruits that can be easily farmed on the early floors which are tough to find pokemon in many other in game areas, so it at least has some value unlike zero island south. but its still not worth all 99 floors unless youre just too bored, theres nothing very special or important at the end, and fortunately you can bring teammates unlike zero island south which basically replicates purity forest rules with an extremely disposable reward at the end of the mess (unlike purity forest which gives celebi without a boss fight).

#3: Destiny Tower (super mystery dungeon) this one is at the bottom for being more iffy than the above two, but its not going to be very fun trying to unlock this dungeon in the first place. unlike zero island south and joyous tower, it is a players nightmare trying to even gain access to this place. it will require you to beat every single orb mission in the game, friend all of the random wandering mons in the game, and then climb a 99 floor tower of doom for one final stretch of carnage. there are over 600 mons possible in this game so the final stretch might sound like a break, but it is far from being a pushover. there is an extremely high spawn rate for all of the worst traps in the game, forcing you to go in with a grass looplet (trap immunity) and at least 8 emera up orbs to cover limited emera capacity. the wild mons are really powerful in pretty much the whole dungeon, and monster houses start to spawn like candy here as well. this is the most tedious combination possible in the franchise, especially considerint the 99 floors in this case piled with the rest of this. another problem with this is by the time you unlock this dungeon you probably already have at least 3 perfect stat pokemon making this insane climb barely with your time... even with arceus joining you at the end

these are my "NEVER play these dungeons" picks, what do you think are dungeons to never play and why?

Back