Gen 6 Pokemon OR/AS Secret Bases

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
Hello MMMs here to talk about how secret bases work in the new upcoming Pokemon game, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

image_322455_460.jpg

To start it off, streetpass feature will finally be useful in Pokemon ORAS since it'll be like using Mix Records like the one in Pokemon RS. It means that every time you streetpass a friend that has Pokemon ORAS, you'll be able to go to their secret base! You can also use a QR code to send your secret base to other people too! Like in Pokemon RS, you'll be able to battle people in their secret bases too! You can set up your own rules in your battle and you'll be able to let your visitor fight it out with an AI-controlled version of yourself! Setting up your secret base is like setting up your own gym! There's a new feature in secret bases , very much like back in the 4th Gen, which is Capture the Flag! Capturing enough number of flags lets you use "O-Power" like abilities so the more flags you capture, the higher your ability's level will be!

Well thats all the info I have with me regarding Pokemon ORAS lol
FYI, the Release date for Pokemon ORAS is in Nov 21 for NoA and Jap mind you lol
and Europeans will be able to get their copies after a week (Nov 28).

Well cya around guys lol
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...alpha-sapphire-get-super-secret-base-feature/

I can't wait to get OmegaRuby and/or AlphaSapphire. I think this secret base thing is awesome!!!

That's neat. It sounds like things from all the generations are used in this (Capture the flag from D/P/Pt like you said, Bases and mixing records in Gen 3, Pass/O Powers from gens 5/6, and new things like Streetpass).

At least they added QR code sharing so that people who can't streetpass can get their friends' secret bases online. It would have been cool if they made it possible to play Capture the Flag etc with friends over Wi-Fi, :bag:

Well this is a really good feature in the game , in the old games after i completed the elite 4 i did create my secret base, i always had the feeling to share my base and now i can (Those plushies are just so cute), in OR/AS you can now create your own gym with rules , its a dream come true ^^

This feature is probably the most interesting thing these games have presented so far. I'm really glad they're letting players make their own creations to share. I hope there are extensive customization options and also the ability for users online to meet each other in the base. If players can expand their bases, I can just imagine how big a base could get with groups of people hanging out inside. Players could create their own mini-universes inside... I can only imagine the possibilities with Secret Bases.

Back