Move 1: Protect/Roost
Move 2: Toxic
Move 3: Earthquake
Move 4: Facade/Swords Dance EV Spread: 252 HP/252 Def
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EV Spread: 252 HP/252 Def

Pretty common set imo, Poison Heal with protect and toxic to stall the heck out of people and earthquake if you happen to fight a Steel or Poison Pokemon or you cant use toxic for some reason and want to do some damage. Although this set walls most psychical attackers, it is useless against Pokemon with the move Taunt.

Staraptor:

Sweeping Set

Move 1: Brave Bird
Move 2: Close Combat
Move 3: U-turn
Move 4: Final Gambit/Double Edge EV Spread: 252 Att/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Nature: Jolly
EV Spread: 252 Att/252 Spe

Probably the best set out there for Staraptor, this set does huge damage to most Pokemon, will most likely one shot them, and outspeed Pokemon that would usually OHKO Staraptor such as Alakazam or Greninja.
Final Gambit is great for doing huge damage toPokes that Staraptor usually wouldnt be able to KO like Steelix or Skarmory.

These are just a few of the many sets for Competitive Pokemon so feel free to add some sets you think would be great for Competitive Pokemon. And if you have the time you should go to Pokemon Showdown and try a few games there as well. http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Pretty solid sets. Just a few suggestions though. On gliscor, instead of going with Facade/Swords Dance use Substitute instead. This way you can Toxic stall and sit comfortably behind your Substitute doll. Staraptor is fine, although double edge is far better than final gambit imo

Pretty solid sets. Just a few suggestions though. On gliscor, instead of going with Facade/Swords Dance use Substitute instead. This way you can Toxic stall and sit comfortably behind your Substitute doll. Staraptor is fine, although double edge is far better than final gambit imo
oh yeah i forgot about Substitute, thx bro

i fill in that last option with knock off, always usefull as well.

Back