POKEMON SIDE GAMES

• Thread starter POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST
  • Start date
POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST

POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST

THE SEXY SHOP KEEPER :P
Banned User
do any of you get annoyed about pokemon side games - the ones that aren't really
pokemon strategy RPG - i mean mystery dungeon is ok its got a bit of RPG and stuff
but pokemon ranger ? that was quite boring and also now pokemon rumble ?! its just shooting
ballons - talk about boring

is pokemon losing its adventure and RPG
tell me what you think :p

do any of you get annoyed about pokemon side games - the ones that aren't really
pokemon strategy RPG - i mean mystery dungeon is ok its got a bit of RPG and stuff
but pokemon ranger ? that was quite boring and also now pokemon rumble ?! its just shooting
ballons - talk about boring

is pokemon losing its adventure and RPG
tell me what you think :p

Ok, I'll clarify the things:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a rogue-like game. I have played them all, except the 3DS and the WiiWare one.
Pokemon Rumble: I have tried the Wii one, and it was quite fun. And it's not about shooting balloons.
Pokemon Ranger: Tried Shadows of Almia. Spin-off-ish, but still good.

And no, Pokemon isn't losing his RPG side. These games are spin-offs. They don't have an effect on the main games.

Ok, I'll clarify the things:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a rogue-like game. I have played them all, except the 3DS and the WiiWare one.
Pokemon Rumble: I have tried the Wii one, and it was quite fun. And it's not about shooting balloons.
Pokemon Ranger: Tried Shadows of Almia. Spin-off-ish, but still good.

And no, Pokemon isn't losing his RPG side. These games are spin-offs. They don't have an effect on the main games.
yeah but don't you find some of them boring - ok pokemon rumble is not shooting balloons
but when i played it - i was kind of shocked lol - i mean different people have different opinions
and for pokemon ranger - its ok for a while but then it gets boring - drawing circles
rumble - i totally did not like

yeah but don't you find some of them boring - ok pokemon rumble is not shooting balloons
but when i played it - i was kind of shocked lol - i mean different people have different opinions
and for pokemon ranger - its ok for a while but then it gets boring - drawing circles
rumble - i totally did not like
Honestly, I don't really find them boring. The story for many of them can be as good if not better than the main series games. For example, Pokemon Ranger 3 is REALLY AWESOME even if gameplay wise a lot of it is drawing circles.

I was just thinking about this actually. Is there a thread that lists the different spinoffs? I was looking for one, maybe with a brief synopsis for each title.

Anyway, as per the question ... I guess I'm not really bothered. Maybe in the sense of market saturation, but I think some of the games have good ideas. Maybe they pique the interest of those who aren't into traditional Pokemon games?

Honestly, I don't really find them boring. The story for many of them can be as good if not better than the main series games. For example, Pokemon Ranger 3 is REALLY AWESOME even if gameplay wise a lot of it is drawing circles.

i like the stories of them - they are quite unique and interesting but i wish they way you play was funner
- but you guys have to agree on this one -dont you want them to be focusing on making the traditional RPG pokemon games ? i do

i like the stories of them - they are quite unique and interesting but i wish they way you play was funner
- but you guys have to agree on this one -dont you want them to be focusing on making the traditional RPG pokemon games ? i do
They're always going to keep going with the traditional Pokemon RPG, that's the whole point of it being the main series of games. If anything, the side games are just them experimenting with making the pokemon experience more fun in diverse ways while taking advantage of the capabilities of the respective consoles/handhelds (for example, the drawing circles thing took advantage of the addition of the touch screen the DS had).

They're always going to keep going with the traditional Pokemon RPG, that's the whole point of it being the main series of games. If anything, the side games are just them experimenting with making the pokemon experience more fun in diverse ways while taking advantage of the capabilities of the respective consoles/handhelds (for example, the drawing circles thing took advantage of the addition of the touch screen the DS had).
true but know and then i get really annoyed at it - i mean for different people different opinions - but i like the story but yeah ok its cool for some rubbish for others

I like pokemon ranger and pokemon rumble blast a lot , depends on a persons perspective of a game which leads to the meaning opinion , everybody has different opinions learn it.

to be honest i don' like pokemon mystery dungeon at all, rumble is ok but gets boring, ranger i think is ok this is just my opinion please dont be mean when replying

they are focusing on the main game, now and then nintendo and game freak may make spin off games but they will continue to make the main rpg pokemon no doubt about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest i don' like pokemon mystery dungeon at all, rumble is ok but gets boring, ranger i think is ok this is just my opinion please dont be mean when replying
Just putting this out there, but you kinda double posted (for next time, keep in mind it's possible to edit your post).

Anyways, what don't you like about Mystery Dungeon? imo it's a really good spin-off series

Just putting this out there, but you kinda double posted (for next time, keep in mind it's possible to edit your post).

Anyways, what don't you like about Mystery Dungeon? imo it's a really good spin-off series
yeah i have to agree mystery dungeon is amazing !!

Thanks for the tip Naagza I never found mystery dungeon fun i always found it a bit boring.

Back