• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Look what I have found in the .gbc file of Pokemon Silver with a map editor:

(See attachment)

This map, if you take a good look, look like Celebi's Head. So, I'm wondering, is that a hidden map, a Event Map (Mystery Gift was available in this game, and in Japan, you could use your phone's connection to get things.), or a forgotten Beta Map ?

PS: As I found this, this might be available in Crystal and Gold too. I'll keep, searching about it.

Any thoughts on this ?

Attachments

• pokemon_silver_hidden_map.png
    pokemon_silver_hidden_map.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 8

(See attachment)

This map, if you take a good look, look like Celebi's Head. So, I'm wondering, is that a hidden map, a Event Map (Mystery Gift was available in this game, and in Japan, you could use your phone's connection to get things.), or a forgotten Beta Map ?

PS: As I found this, this might be available in Crystal and Gold too. I'll keep, searching about it.

Any thoughts on this ?
I think that it wasn't a Mystery Gift event, as the GS Ball was what allow Japanese players to access Celebi in the Ilex Forest, which is a lot different from this map...I think forgotten Beta Map is the more likely explanation.

I wouldn't expect it to be in Crystal necessarily because they may have got rid of it by then. Although you didn't mention them, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't in HeartGold or SoulSilver either.

I think that it wasn't a Mystery Gift event, as the GS Ball was what allow Japanese players to access Celebi in the Ilex Forest, which is a lot different from this map...I think forgotten Beta Map is the more likely explanation.

I wouldn't expect it to be in Crystal necessarily because they may have got rid of it by then. Although you didn't mention them, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't in HeartGold or SoulSilver either.

Yeah, that's still interesting. I guess that this place also have something to do with Celebi, since the map clearly reveals a Celebi. I'll try to use an AR code on an emulator to find more about this.

Yeah, that's still interesting. I guess that this place also have something to do with Celebi, since the map clearly reveals a Celebi. I'll try to use an AR code on an emulator to find more about this.
Yeah, a connection to Celebi is a possibility (although at first it took me a while to see the Celebi). Perhaps this was a beta version of Ilex Forest? If so, perhaps they thought a Celebi shape would be overkill and it'd be annoying for the player to feel restricted with the narrow paths in the map and decided to change it to the layout seen within the game. That's the best explanation I can think of.

(See attachment)

Any thoughts on this ?
Can't edit my previous post to say this, but I literally just found out right now that this whole time we were speculating over nothing xD It's the Lake of Rage.

From Bulbapedia: "There is a beta area in Gold and Silver that includes a Pokémon Center, Poké Mart, and even a Pokémon Gym surrounding a lake that is a similar size and shape to the Lake of Rage. This area, inaccessible during normal gameplay, is one of the remaining beta maps of towns from the development of Gold and Silver, and may have been a predecessor to Mahogany Town. This is likely why it's possible to Fly here, even though it's not a city or town."

Also, compare this map to the Gen IV Lake of Rage when it's dried up...

Can't edit my previous post to say this, but I literally just found out right now that this whole time we were speculating over nothing xD It's the Lake of Rage.

From Bulbapedia: "There is a beta area in Gold and Silver that includes a Pokémon Center, Poké Mart, and even a Pokémon Gym surrounding a lake that is a similar size and shape to the Lake of Rage. This area, inaccessible during normal gameplay, is one of the remaining beta maps of towns from the development of Gold and Silver, and may have been a predecessor to Mahogany Town. This is likely why it's possible to Fly here, even though it's not a city or town."

Also, compare this map to the Gen IV Lake of Rage when it's dried up...
I can't believe that was only the Lake of Rage... Anyway, I have checked the website you linked, and as far as I can tell, the early maps sure got way more content than the final in-game maps.

And the Beta Lake of Rage totally losts his possible connection with Celebi, as the 3 other houses screw the shape a bit.

Otherwise, sure that the Beta of Gen 2 is pretty interesting... If with the map editor I can dig inside, I will surely find interesting things I guess... Thanks, Naagza for the info !

Reactions: ShinyLatios
That's cool , I would go there on the game if its possible only , if I didn't give away my GBA lol i dont know if I still have pokemon gba games cart *

That's cool , I would go there on the game if its possible only , if I didn't give away my GBA lol i dont know if I still have pokemon gba games cart *

Hmm... You can still try it on an emulator, you know ? That's actually what I am doing before getting Pokemon Yellow, Silver, Blue and Red games in a few weeks.

Hmm... You can still try it on an emulator, you know ? That's actually what I am doing before getting Pokemon Yellow, Silver, Blue and Red games in a few weeks.
Yeah, and it's definitely smarter to use emulators when it comes to these kind of hacks. The original games are really glitchy and it's not really a good idea to look for the glitches and such on purpose (because you're guaranteed to come across it even unintentionally....)

Yeah, and it's definitely smarter to use emulators when it comes to these kind of hacks. The original games are really glitchy and it's not really a good idea to look for the glitches and such on purpose (because you're guaranteed to come across it even unintentionally....)

Yeah, and with the SaveStates on the Emulators, you can easily dig deeper in the glitch. But here, I was just trying to make my own hack of Silver, to make it more of a challenge. But that's also why emulators are good too, you can also run hacks !

Anyways, I'll keep digging into the GameBoy Pokemon Games, and I'll post if I find anything.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
Yeah, and with the SaveStates on the Emulators, you can easily dig deeper in the glitch. But here, I was just trying to make my own hack of Silver, to make it more of a challenge. But that's also why emulators are good too, you can also run hacks !

Anyways, I'll keep digging into the GameBoy Pokemon Games, and I'll post if I find anything.
Yeah, running hacks is definitely one of the great things with emulators. You wouldn't want to ruin a legit FireRed copy to play a hack like AshGrey (even if it's an awesome hack...)

Yeah, running hacks is definitely one of the great things with emulators. You wouldn't want to ruin a legit FireRed copy to play a hack like AshGrey (even if it's an awesome hack...)

Wait, what ? I wouldn't play as Ash, by judging how he acts in the French series... But still, that would be fun. Guess I'll take a look at it, after having made some progress in my Silver Hack.

Wait, what ? I wouldn't play as Ash, by judging how he acts in the French series... But still, that would be fun. Guess I'll take a look at it, after having made some progress in my Silver Hack.
Yes, Ash is an idiot but with the original seasons it's kinda fun to go through the same adventure he did in the anime all the same. Anime has its own version of pokelogic that's really fun to go through haha

Yes, Ash is an idiot but with the original seasons it's kinda fun to go through the same adventure he did in the anime all the same. Anime has its own version of pokelogic that's really fun to go through haha

Yeah, and I just watched an episode (a few hours), in the "Unova" season, and you get a total flashback of Ash and his Charmander, until he releases him. Seriously, Ash was an inconsiderate idiot the time he did this. He don't know what will happen in the next season, if we get it in France...

Yeah, and I just watched an episode (a few hours), in the "Unova" season, and you get a total flashback of Ash and his Charmander, until he releases him. Seriously, Ash was an inconsiderate idiot the time he did this. He don't know what will happen in the next season, if we get it in France...
Ah interesting....well the way the Charmander event works in this hack is that you come across it in the middle of rain and then you heal it at a Pokemon Center. However, once it evolves, it stops listening to you :p

Let's discuss this more on the Pokemon Hack thread if you want to continue

Ah interesting....well the way the Charmander event works in this hack is that you come across it in the middle of rain and then you heal it at a Pokemon Center. However, once it evolves, it stops listening to you :p

Let's discuss this more on the Pokemon Hack thread if you want to continue

Yeah, that's actually what happened in the episode ! Then, I'll check back that PokéHack thread !

Back