Gen 4 Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold Are Coming To the Switch, According to Gamestop

• Thread starter eeveeruleslol
  • Start date
eeveeruleslol

eeveeruleslol

I'm just some dude who has no idea what he's doing
Towns Folk
I bought an new 3ds xl with an few games, which costed me $100. The games that came with it were Pokémon, soul sliver, platinum, and 2 copy's of Pokémon black. So I went to my local GameStop to sell the games, since I dumped them to my sd card. I get in and I start selling my games, and everything is going fine till they get to Pokémon soul sliver. The GameStop employee got and his phone and had to check if my copy was real because people have been selling fake copies of it. While the fine out my copy is legit, and then I get my money for it, but they said if I had the case with the game I could have gotten an couple of hundreds for it, I was told that soon that the price will crash soon, because it's coming to the switch. He said there was no release date yet but it was revealed in japan. Thats all of the information I have about Pokémon Soul Sliver and HeartGold.

Edit: I went to Gamestop again and I asked them is it still coming. I was told yes, and it's it an remake, but he said he couldn't say more cause it's an secret.

If this is true it doesn't make a lot of sense. Yeah Nintendo is lazy. Yeah they have released old games. No I don't want a remake. Having the meta stay the same would make no sense from GameFreak's standpoint they've always had. New Pokemon doesn't always mean better gameplay. Are they going to rerelease the Pokewalker and PBR as well? They did put Pokemon TCG on 3DS without the old connectivity features so imo it would be downgraded. Let's Go or modern equivalents are more likely but the value in Pokemon games will always be high.

i really don't know I didn't really ask anything else about, Pokémon Soul Sliver is my favorite and first Pokémon game, so I would't mind if it was just an port, I just hope that they think of the fans more than how much money than can get

i really don't know I didn't really ask anything else about, Pokémon Soul Sliver is my favorite and first Pokémon game, so I would't mind if it was just an port, I just hope that they think of the fans more than how much money than can get
What about Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola (Galar's remake will probs happen in 20 years time)

Are you sure that the gamestop employee wasnt like trolling you or something?

Reactions: Duffy and Dark Link
I bought an new 3ds xl with an few games, which costed me $100. The games that came with it were Pokémon, soul sliver, platinum, and 2 copy's of Pokémon black.
I just have to say you got an amazing deal :eyes: trying to buy 2 of those games on their own is usually around 100$ itself.

For Hg and Ss coming out on the Switch, there seems to be no info or hints to suggest this at all. Only rumors that appear randomly but those aren't credible, not sure where the employee got their info?

Reactions: Duffy
I read somewhere there was a listing on some retailer for HeartGold and SoulSilver on switch but that could just be a mistake and not really the truth. I'd loveeee to see HG/SS on Switch because they are my favorite games, but it's incredibly unlikely in my opinion. And they def have not been revealed in japan yet, that would be huge news even here in America that we would have heard about. I think sometime next year they will probably reveal Diamond and Pearl/ maybe Platinum remakes. That seems most likely but who knows for sure

Reactions: Mizunil
I work for GameStop. This is not true at all... Lol. Some employees enjoy talking out of their rear... Everyone would know about it! That said, there have been rumors about some sort of Pokémon game remake for Switch according to some leaker. This was a month or so ago, with no real info since. Rumors were for either a D/P/Pt remake or a Let's Go, Johto. There is no reason to make a remake of a remake as well. :(

On another note - the price will crash? No way. People will always pay a lot of money for the Pokémon games, at least as it stands right now. And there was no reason for him to check if your copy was legit on his phone, there are plain as day ways to check haha. Just a dumb employee sadly. The more I read it the more I wonder where he gets this info from!! LOL

Reactions: Duffy and Mizunil
I work for GameStop. This is not true at all... Lol. Some employees enjoy talking out of their rear... Everyone would know about it! That said, there have been rumors about some sort of Pokémon game remake for Switch according to some leaker. This was a month or so ago, with no real info since. Rumors were for either a D/P/Pt remake or a Let's Go, Johto. There is no reason to make a remake of a remake as well. :(

On another note - the price will crash? No way. People will always pay a lot of money for the Pokémon games, at least as it stands right now. And there was no reason for him to check if your copy was legit on his phone, there are plain as day ways to check haha. Just a dumb employee sadly. The more I read it the more I wonder where he gets this info from!! LOL
so I was lied to

so I was lied to

To be honest, I doubt you were lied to, I think it's more likely that the employee was just dumb, and misheard something or believed a separate rumor. It's possible, but misunderstanding is more likely. But keep your eyes peeled, because the Twitter rumors that I heard were from a [supposedly] reputable leaker.

And remember y'all, rumors are just rumors until confirmed!! We all love Pokémon, but no need to get your hopes up only to be slashed down. :D

Reactions: phofufury and Mizunil
Ok then, this seems like an odd way to say gen 4 remake...

Jokes aside, this might be a sad moment for me. Sure having heartgold and soulsilver will be sweet but damn will it be sad for gen 4. If it becomes true i will welcome it gladly.:D

To be honest, I doubt you were lied to, I think it's more likely that the employee was just dumb, and misheard something or believed a separate rumor. It's possible, but misunderstanding is more likely. But keep your eyes peeled, because the Twitter rumors that I heard were from a [supposedly] reputable leaker.

And remember y'all, rumors are just rumors until confirmed!! We all love Pokémon, but no need to get your hopes up only to be slashed down. :D
Both Sinnoh remakes and Let’s Go Johto have been heavily rumored for a few years each... personally I’m nervously excited for the inevitable sinnoh remakes. The other side is the Let’s Go Johto games which I kinda hope never happen. Let’s Go has far more negative features then positives in my opinion, at least in comparison to the main series.

I'm gonna be skeptical about this one because there was rumors at best buy for Persona 5 coming to switch and it isn't on switch so I'm not gonna get my hopes up but if it does happen that would be pretty sweet.

I'm gonna be skeptical about this one because there was rumors at best buy for Persona 5 coming to switch and it isn't on switch so I'm not gonna get my hopes up but if it does happen that would be pretty sweet.
Persona 5 is kinda coming to switch

at this current time this info of those games goin to switch seems like mixed up in error leaks that are most likely false.
this could be something they do toward end of switch or middle of next console but not likely anytime soon.
perhaps they got rushed news intel that got heartgold and soulsilver mixed up with diamon and pearl at the time?
could just be somethin that the employee say to keep customer inside store lomger to make more sales.

Well, we got Diamond and Pearl, at least.

HeartGold and SoulSilver? They sound like they could be Virtual Console titles, or whatever else Nintendo has on the Switch now. They seem old enough. Aren't they already bringing DS and Wii games to the eShop? As full physical rereleases, however, it's quite unlikely and I don't believe GameStop employees would know anything unless it were.

So it was more likely a false rumor they believed or a real one they misheard or took out of hand. Doubtfully they'd know anything for digital releases, like I said.

Back