Pokemon Stars Was Just A Hoax

• Thread starter Iso Kilo
  • Start date
Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Sonic 1 Hacker
Towns Folk
So back when the Switch was first announced under the name Switch people speculated that a game that would go along side Pokémon Sun & Moon was going to be released known as Pokémon Stars. I have noticed that Nintendo hasn't even mentioned anything involving Pokémon, so what was happening back then? Well it was simple; someone used photoshop and made a official-looking Pokémon Stars logo. Took some footage from Pokémon Sun/Moon gameplay smacked it all together with the Switch border-thingy around it and said it was the real thing. Need more evidence? We have learned after the Switch presentation that the Switch's handheld/tabletop mode will slightly be a lower resolution than the console mode. However in the Pokémon Stars trailer it had the graphics of 3DS. Along with the fact that the presentation and original trailer showed no Pokémon game at all. So if Nintendo is actually hiding a Pokémon Switch game from the public and surprisingly release it at launch I don't want people arguing against me.

No one expects Pokemon Stars until October or November.

Sorry, but your post doesn't really make any sense. Eurogamer reported that they had heard Game Freak had been working on a third version of Sun/Moon for release on the Switch in the latter half of 2017. Of course people made mock-ups for a logo, that always happens.

If it really was just a leaked "trailer" then yeah, it would be a hoax and nothing more, but it's a credible rumor from the same website that leaked the entire concept of the Nintendo Switch before it was even revealed.

All I can say is "these things have a funny way of working themselves out." I wouldn't be so quick to disbelieve anything, but I would be skeptical at times like these.

If they were at least planning to make the game and had no content yet they would have announced it during the Switch presentation. Sure maybe at some point there will be another 2 new Pokémon games but I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be a Pokémon Stars. Think about it, when was the last time Game Freak made 3 Pokémon Games side by side, not very recent. Why would they randomly go back to doing 3 games if there was not Grey, Grey 2, Z, Beta Emerald, etc.?

If they were at least planning to make the game and had no content yet they would have announced it during the Switch presentation. Sure maybe at some point there will be another 2 new Pokémon games but I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be a Pokémon Stars. Think about it, when was the last time Game Freak made 3 Pokémon Games side by side, not very recent. Why would they randomly go back to doing 3 games if there was not Grey, Grey 2, Z, Beta Emerald, etc.?
Look, I'm just saying have a little hope, or some kinda objectivity on the inverse of the situation. See I ain't quick to say there's such a thing as Pokemon Stars - chances are, if they have something like that in mind, it may end up having a different name.
But there is potential here, pokemon always shows up on a Nintendo handheld console, even on the Wii U although its defining "handheld" as a screen you hold with your hands, not a console you take anywhere, was a little suprise. Besides handhelds, "Pokken" was a neat little home-console title for the Wii U. Pokemon have shown up however briefly on their other home consoles, if they run out of ideas they got Pokemon to play with.

Add the hope of the Nintendo Switch, with its capacity to be handheld AND home...
Well I ain't saying there's such a thing... ^3-
Just sayin', there's either slight hope that it is, or crippling certainty that it's not likely. I'd rather hang my hat on the former group than the latter.

Also there is this thing coming up called E3. I'm pretty sure Nintendo, and probably Game Freak are waiting to announce some stuff till then. I feel like @MindzEye had a good level of anticipation balanced with realism, holding out some hope for the possibility of a Pokemon Switch game, while you are completely adamant that there is absolutely no possibility of it whatsoever. (Sorry for the hyperbole, and exaggeration. It's just how I make points. Don't take this too seriously.)

Reactions: MindzEye
Also there is this thing coming up called E3. I'm pretty sure Nintendo, and probably Game Freak are waiting to announce some stuff till then. I feel like @MindzEye had a good level of anticipation balanced with realism, holding out some hope for the possibility of a Pokemon Switch game, while you are completely adamant that there is absolutely no possibility of it whatsoever. (Sorry for the hyperbole, and exaggeration. It's just how I make points. Don't take this too seriously.)
Hmm, E3 is a way to announce it, but it would have been a lot easier to have done it in the Switch presentation. Just saying :p

Hmm, E3 is a way to announce it, but it would have been a lot easier to have done it in the Switch presentation. Just saying :p
There's easier and then there's cinematic. And though Nintendo's had a low-profile, indications of springing up again are hopeful if not unlikely.

It wasn't a leaked trailer or a leaked logo or anything. That had NOTHING to do with the leak. The leak just said a third version was expected later this year. It was not a "hoax" and it is not deconfirmed yet.

Eurogamer is... *sigh* I have no words... Regardless, Pokemon Stars remains a rumour for now, and I think since it is confirmed that a few games will be confirmed for the Switch at E3, I wouldn't be surprised if they did announce Pokemon Stars at E3. I think a third game to the series could be cool. It could introduce new concepts and more Pokemon I honestly wouldn't complain at that point.

Uh, Eurogamer was absolutely on point about almost everything regarding the Switch. I very highly doubt it's a hoax.

I do expect thi Pokemon Stars to be announced at some point. Just because Nintendo kept quiet on the matter doesn't mean anything.

Whenever I see this thread title I always see Pokemon Star Wars.

Reactions: PrimordialMew24 and Blue Knight
Lmao, same.

I see this too!

Anyway IF Game Freak does in fact do a third installment of Pokemon Sun/Moon I hope it's Pokemon Eclipse. This way they (Game Freak and Nintendo) could pull a B2 and W2 and have sequels rather than only one installment. Besides you can have a Lunar Eclipse and a Solar Eclipse, two games equal more money from people like me who always have to buy both games. :p

I see this too!

Anyway IF Game Freak does in fact do a third installment of Pokemon Sun/Moon I hope it's Pokemon Eclipse. This way they (Game Freak and Nintendo) could pull a B2 and W2 and have sequels rather than only one installment. Besides you can have a Lunar Eclipse and a Solar Eclipse, two games equal more money from people like me who always have to buy both games. :p
This would make far more sense than releasing a third game. Like, why in the world would Nintendo release a game to go side by side with their last gen console's game? And even if that was the case, when they released 3rds of titles they were released with the first 2 versions, but months? Maybe even years? May as well make that a tradition in the series; 2 games, 1 year later 1 game! (Jeez, sorry guys, I've just been frustrated with life lately.)

Well, I would not be so disappointed about a pokemon game on the switch. I mean, the nintendo switch is doing really well and people from gamefreak actually said that they were going to be supporting the switch. That just is enough to thing that there is going to be a pokemon game coming to the switch. Maybe it wont be called stars, but the thing is that for sure we´ll get a pokemon game.

Just wait till the great E3, and all will be revealed. ~ Words from the Great Prophet

Back