Pokemon Sun and Moon competitive discussion thread.

• Thread starter Pookie
  • Start date
Pookie

Pookie

Doubles <3
Banned User
So, the new trailer got released for Sun and Moon revealing both legendary Pokemon typing's and their names.

Here is the trailer

*Warning Spoilers ahead*

So, now the discussion starts. What abilities do you want to see on the new Starter Pokemon and what do you think of the new Sun and Moon legendary Pokemon?

Shadow Shield is basically a multiscale while Full Metal Body is a super Big Pecks.
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/abilities.shtml

I personally think the typings are great although their weaknesses don't make sense...​

Full Metal Body is pretty much Clear Body... but, to be fair, there is not a lot of Legendary Pokémon with unique abilities (Arceus, Darkrai, Primals, Mega Rayray, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde are the only ones)

About competitive... we don't know enough to especulate, but stuff I can say now

- If DexRotom is playable, it looks like to be a Steel/Electric type

A65860F38.png

Yep, I'm really hyped about this Rotom form!!

Other stuff

Solgaleo and Lunala signature moves are pretty much mini-Moldbreakers, which is nice

Considering that SunSteelsomething is Steel and SuperMoonAttack is either Psychic or Ghost (probably ghost, since the other one was Steel and not Psychic) and the moves have no side effects (besides the Moldbreaker effect) this moves should go through the following abilities

Battle Armor, Filter, Flash Fire, Flower Gift, Marvel Scale, Sand Veil, Shell Armor, Shield Dust, Snow Cloak, Solid Rock, Sturdy, Tangled Feet, Unaware, Wonder Guard, Friend Guard, Multiscale, Wonder Skin, Fur Coat and Shadow Shield

They might be even more abilitties than these tho

Sun legendary. Weak to Fire.
Moon legendary. Weak to Dark.

What a time to be alive!

Sun legendary. Weak to Fire.
Moon legendary. Weak to Dark.

What a time to be alive!
It makes sense

They are not the Sun Legendary and Moon Legendary

Their are the Sun Guardian and Moon Guardian

Being weak to their bosses is smart, so they don't get rebel or something

It makes sense

They are not the Sun Legendary and Moon Legendary

Their are the Sun Guardian and Moon Guardian

Being weak to their bosses is smart, so they don't get rebel or something
Really? I didnt know all that =p

Well, they're the Sunne and Moone Pokémon, don't know if it makes much of a difference.

I'm pretty sure Moongeist Beam is going to be a Ghost-type move, "geist" means Ghost in German. Poor Lugia will have to watch out for this move now.

If a Electric/Steel Rotom existed in Gen V it'd have been so broken xD 13 resistances, 2 immunities and only 2 weaknesses.... yeah... It's still a somewhat broken typing defensively because of Levitate, just not as much. Assuming it'll be playable, this guy might dethrone Rotom Wash as the most used Rotom forme, though Water offers better coverage and less weaknesses so it'd probably stay in OU.

As for the starters, we already know they'll have Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent, but for Hidden Abilities we probably won't hear anything until the games come out. My guesses for them are Magic Guard or Insomnia for Rowlet, Flash Fire or Tough Claws for Litten and Thick Fat or Swift Swim for Popplio. Of course, assuming they wouldn't get new/unique abilities (like Bulletproof, Magician and Protean for the Kalos startes)

Reactions: Pookie
Lunala's typing really isn't a good thing though. Being 4x weak to both Dark and Ghost means it will be pretty much out of competitive play unless it has some really good base stats. But I guess with Shadow Shield it can't really be taken out in one hit, so it might be good for something, I guess. Still too early to really tell.

It's like Hoopa, but it's beyond a doubt coming with a 700 BST, it won't be a chomp. Judging from that ability, it'll probably have largely defensive base stats and be far more threatening overall due to being much harder to kill.

Reactions: Pookie
Also, not my idea, but Huge Power Mega Slaking! We need that!

Lol, like Mega Talonflame, another for the ban list!

Back