Spin Off pokemon super mystery dungeon: boss killing made easy (post game)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i noticed in many lets plays on youtube that people tend to struggle with the post game legendary bosses, so i thought id write a bit on this and i'll start by saying its not as hard as most people seem to think it is. in fact, i KOd every legendary boss post game with minimal faints (no more than 3 tiny reviver seeds and on the same teammate, you will see why in a bit here). pretty much all of them can be funny pushovers with some simple tactics in truth, i will explain here what you will need

#1: Memento theres likely several pokemon that can use this move, but i found the most easily accessible one is chandelure. if i recall shes a free-be on the sand continent after specific connection orb extensions and this can be easily accomplished before you fight even one legendary boss, so i would say to use her for this reason. i got her before i even touched 100 connections so its not hard for certain to get her.

#2: Truant Wands these are also extremely important. normally, bosses can almost immediately auto recover status ailments, but they all have a lot more trouble recovering from the second turn loss caused by truant. this means white/ black kyurem can never hit you with ice burn or freeze shock, and giratina cannot use shadow force due to the instant turn cancel which prevents all 2-turn windups. if you have a weaker team this is a must since since almost every legendary boss can easily OHKO powered down mons, especially with their signature moves or brutal AOEs like blizzard. you should be given more time to bounce back from a brutal hit if you survive with low HP due to truant, but i highly recommend getting your defense and special defense as high as possible to reduce the risk of deaths (you will have a very bad time at dragon gate and on reshiram and zekrom if you dont do this). attack and special attack boosting is variable so boost whichever your chosen pokemon uses more of to avoid wasting gold bars on a stat that wont get used at all or too little

#3: helping hand the reason for this is so you can easily get away with having only one attacker that can do very high damage to the boss, while chandelure and whoever you make use helping hand can focus on support and nerfing the boss's attack power. its important your attack/primary pokemon has very high base attack or special attack (remember, whatever their move span uses most of. many pokemon dont need both of these maxed out) to optimize this setup and defeat the bosses quickly.

this is roughly what i did to chew through bosses easily. pretty much all of them were beaten in 2 minutes or less, this is very powerful. memento keeps them from being able to one shot your teammates (except chandelure who will be at 1 HP until you lower their attack power enough), helping hand makes you do more and more damage with each hit and with a very powerful main pokemon you can beat any boss in about 2 minutes or less. remember to have the attacker use earth power though against reshiram and zekrom so that both keep taking damage, this is the only other thing i did not write above due to the situational reason. the rest of the combo can be kept the same, use truant wands on both of them after reducing their attack power enough so you dont have up to 6 faints on the first 2 turns of the fight (this is a very, very common mistake... never do this against these 2. any other boss is ok to start using truant wands). for darkrai, you must take 3 wakeful looplets or he will sleep kill your whole team VERY quickly! safeguard can be used but is more risky to avoid being team wiped by his dangerous sleep death combination. if darkrai cant sleep kill your team, hes one of the easiest as hes nearly helpless in this case if he cant make your team fall asleep. i had him trying to do this and he didnt even make chandelure faint due to me having wakeful looplets on everyone. darkrai depends very heavily on sleep killing in this game just like in the main franchise, so this has an easy solution here.

other than that, have fun destroying every boss in the game ! =)

Back