Spin Off Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon: One broken boss battle (funny and crazy)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
So i decided to try the early post game (past epilogue events) with a modded starter duo being celebi and arceus (stats were normal for their levels and not capped forcibly, but i did end up feeding a lot of vitamins to arceus since hes going to be the most important one for my progress goal of 750 recruits/ connections to get kecleon. stats are around 200 excluding HP for him, this took several hours of boosting and farming though). i do not have judgement unfortunately as hes lv 86 and levels up like a dinosaur. i will be needing cofagrigus bonus option you get for friending him on the orb map for golden bananas since Arceus levels extremely slow.

i fought mewtwo later on after grinding and getting my rank up enough, and brought in celebi, arceus and then a third weaker but very important one, chandelure. shes extremely important in any dungeons with legendary bosses as she easily gets momento which reduces her HP to 1, but it will heavily nerf any boss's attack power with about 3 or 4 uses to the point where their attacks are all very useless doing 1 damage. chandelure had 1 hp and mewtwo hit her once and did 1 damage to her and the rest of my team. i only had to revive chandelure one time and just let arceus keep attacking and had celebi use helping hand a couple times. every attack mewtwo used did 1 damage even after mega evolving. with a loss of this much offense, you dont really need to spam agility anymore on those tough legendary bosses since almost all of their attacks will be near useless and ding any team member they hit. i did not grind chandelures stats or levels at all and even she took 1 damage when mewtwo hit her (he mostly targeted arceus which i wanted just until i break his attack and special attack enough).

i never laughed so hard during a boss fight in mystery dungeon... this was both crazy and hilariously cheesy. i did have to use a second truant wand when he mega evolved and do another 4 memtento's on him since a second phase removed the debuffs but it only took a few turns to put him back to square one lol...

so your defense can suck and you can still win easily by doing this which is insane. judging by the fact he did the lowest damage possible to chandelure i feel very certain of this as i didnt do any real grinding on her unlike the other two. i only had her there to nerf the boss. might be a bit too cheesy but there are some areas where this might be advised (dragon gate for example, there are A LOT of legendary bosses here and unless youre stat capped theyre going to hit very, very hard when they attack you). you dont need to do any very hard missions to get chandelure, she randomly showed up for me on the sand continent so maybe look there after each quest

side note, hopefully im not breaking rules when i mention modded starter duo... i only did this because i couldnt be bothered with destiny tower at the end of the post game, so please dont get too mad about this >_< if broke any rules, apologies to the mods here

Back