Spin Off Pokemon super mystery dungeon: story section difficulty in a nutshell (possible spoilers)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so what im about to list and go over is honestly what i call shaking my head embarrassing, but i thought id share roughly how my story playthrough went for me both times just for the heck of it...

nectar meadow took somewhere over an hour to complete soo there were a couple reasons for this... the boss was practically a horde and we can only use our main 2. not a good situation considering we were never allowed to take our time with a story playthrough. i died idk how many times on the boss and some of the randoms as well before i beat the beedrill/ combee horde (finally).

sheer mountain range took 3 hours to finish this didnt have a boss but the layout of the dungeon was very bad for a weaker team (easily forced until post game), there were so many spots where id walk down a hallway just to hit a dead end. i also believe ther were annoying psybeam spammers and some of other stuff that only made things harder... then i has a shortage of apples around halfway through due to weaker stats/ moves and limited pouch space and this made it a very tedious area. anytime i fainted was because of not enough elixirs (cant use my ranged or strongest moves) or my AI partner being dumb and eating all my revive seeds and i got one shotted by some ranged attacks... can imagine hoe lovely that was. now if that sounded bad youll love where my ultra fail montage was for sure

fire island volcano took me TWO full afternoons of dying repeatedly this was just beyond horrible. i still say to this day its the worst part of the story in terms of difficulty. my starters were fennekin and treecko, buizel would waste even more time turning around the fight junk (which added some deaths) and id have to wait for him since i didnt feel like risking a one shot from rollout and such (how is that even allowed before post game?). stepped on move leech traps like crazy, had practically ALL my apples and reviver seeds killed by incinerate, got one shotted by magnitude in some rooms... honestly, im not gonna lie. i might have very well had every possible death for this area entirely, thats how godawful it was... this was just absolute cruelty that i cant even comprehend. almost every pokemon has incinerate to ruin your supplies so i didnt bring stuff as i knew it would just go to waste before i even get close. oh and if that wasnt mean enough we have a horde of magmars and a vey durable magmortar at the end too! do you not care about driving people beyond madness gamefreak?? they couldnt be meaner than this if they tried... seriously was the worst part of the game for me

and i know these times sound exaggerated but they arent, theyre legitimate. i had so many deaths in fire island volcano i almost fell asleep playing the game... the biggest problem with a story run is we arent allowed to take our time and the game legitimately forces you to keeo going regardless if youre ready or want to or not. that really didnt help the already horrible situation at fire island volcano... those item killing moves like incinerate in general are unfair in these games and to make almost every enemy have it is just donwnright mean. idk if there was a good grinding technique to get out of this garbage faster but i certainly couldnt at the time

Back