Spin Off Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon: Think something is too hard? try this

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so its easily very evident that this game is rather notorious for broken random mons in dungeons that do too much damage too early on, some of which will easily OHKO you or even your entire party. i went over a broken spread for white kyurem not too long ago, but i found a more easily accessible alternative that doesnt require very high ranking or insane stat boosted mons to help anyone struggling in the game have an easier time farming resources and help improve both DPS and range in one pokemon.

its honestly very simple, but youll need a few plastic mons for this. i have a lv 100 smeargle with pretty poor stats, but an insane move spread that might be one of the best in the game paired with a miltank for a support mon. my smeargle has perish song, mind reader, rollout and silver wind--the perfect spread imo to chew through those annoying broken mobs and easily OHKO pretty much everything even in dungeons labelled "super difficult". For monster houses, use mind reader before stepping in (with enough experience these rooms become very easily obvious even without emeras or looplets/ bands to track item spawns and enemy spawns) as long as you dont do what i call "go too far too soon", you can easily wipe all of these with silver wind with mind reader already active. if they have too much health, another simple as dirt solution: back into the hallway and use perish song lol

the reason this is so good is because rollout does not cancel unless it misses (do this in close range instead of perish song), so if you use mind reader one usage of this can easily kill even moderately overpowered mobs. rollout also doesnt have any pokemon types it cant damage which is another great thing about it (i know about type bulldozer but its too random so i wont go over that much). perish song will hit every enemy pokemon on the entire floor, distance will not matter. and because of mind reader, the normally very poor accuracy doesnt matter (use PP boost drinks on this, dont waste the accuracy drinks). You wont get exp but its pretty funny to see them all hopelessly faint when youre nowhere near them. from my experience (i have 200+ post game hours clocked in so you can trust my judgement here), exp is generally trivial post game ane only gives very small stat boosts. only focus on exp for getting important moves rather than for stats (most pokemon get very small overall increase here including many legendaries, but the legendaries have more gain than the regular ones). donuts and stat vitamins arent hard to afford so dont worry about exp just for stats. the only annoying stat to boost is HP due to the fact sitrus berries cant be bought from the gold shop (why all but this gamefreak?).

for improving smeargles stats, aim for overall defense before attack and special attack as he has low base HP in this game. the defense increases can help make up for this problem so use as many of these as possible. your base damage with him doesnt matter a huge heckton because of mind reader and rollout, combined with perish song. silver wind is usually suppression damage in this case or for bad mobs in a monster house spawn (natural cure, shed skin, etc). there should very rarely be an excess of problem mons but thats why i have silver wind and rollout. the mobs can almost never touch him with this move spread, its very broken

do this until you get kyurem and all his forms, or if you want much easier grinding for rare loot and gold bars. you can safely fight almost any dungeon like this and smeargle isnt an overpowered boss to deal with for you to get him, so i thought sharing this might help anyone struggling to survive in dungeons or if you just cant beat a specific boss (spamming rollout with mind reader will cheese any boss in this case. keep one partner to spam agility and youre pretty much invicible against the bosses). rollout will do wonders with bossea for sure, perish song reduces deadly cluster threats and silver wind is a usefuo bonus overall

Reactions: phofufury
Back