SwSh Pokemon Sword and Shield Come to the Nintendo Switch!

• Thread starter Shiny
  • Start date
Shiny

Shiny

Pretty much dead x.x
Towns Folk
At the 7 minute Pokemon Direct today we were introduced to the new Pokemon games for the Nintendo Switch. Their names are Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. These games will be Generation 8 of Pokemon. They are estimated to come out late 2019.

If you missed the Pokemon Direct or want to watch it again, you can watch it here.

These will be the logos of these 2 games.

hero-logo-1_2x.png hero-logo-2_2x.png
We were introduced to the three starters in these games.

pokemon-1b_2x.png pokemon-2_2x.png pokemon-3b_2x (1).png

The first one is Grookey. Grookey is the Grass Type starter in Pokemon Sword and Shield. The second one is Scorbunny. Scorbunny is the Fire Type starter.The third one is Sobble. Sobble is our Water Type starter in these games.

The region in the game is known as the Galar Region.

map_2x.jpg

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will be set in Galar, an expansive region with many environments—idyllic countryside, contemporary cities, thick forests, and craggy, snow-covered mountains. The people and Pokémon live together in this region, and they’ve worked together to develop the industries here.

You’ll visit the various Gyms in the Galar region, aiming for the enviable and admirable title of Champion!

Learn more about these games here: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/?utm_source=sas&utm_medium=vanity&utm_campaign=sas

-----------------------
What do you all think of these new games?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pandaxclone2, Samster, Marc and 1 other person
So far I find these to be promising. Pokémon Sword and Shield look gorgeous with the European-inspired Galar region. And I'm glad to see Gyms back as well. I hope this might be the Pokémon games that I wanted on the Switch.

I haven't watched the trailer yet..

But does anyone else feel like Aegislash has an important role in these games?

Reactions: Duffy, Samster and Starry Windy
I haven't watched the trailer yet..

But does anyone else feel like Aegislash has an important role in these games?

Prolly not. In Sun/Moon they really didn't do much lunetune and solrock.

An important character in the story might use an Aegislash though.

Epic Hype.

Scorbunny.png

Here's a fanart :3

Reactions: Samster and Duffy
aint here to say much since I've already expressed my thoughts in the SB.

Galar is based in the UK though, which I laughed hard at when I found out. Also seems to have a clockwork-y mechanical city.. I hope not since that'll mean I'll have to buy the game.

Welcome back wolf pack it's ya boi burnt toast. You wanted challenge? It's not here. You want N to come back? No? Here's probably not here and there's no villain so stay disappointed. You don't wanna catch the most common Pokémon in every region Pikachu again? You don't have to. Want an unnecessary character like Wikstrom or Caitlin in? Looks like they're coming back. No legends to be seen either so I guess there's too many of them by now. Also the main trainer is disobeying the feudal system so he's gonna have to uh get memed on.

Reactions: Mercedes-Benz
Epic Hype.

Scorbunny.png

Here's a fanart :3
That’s so awesome! You did an amazing job with this! ;u;

As for my thoughts on these new games, I don’t really have any, cause I don’t really play the series. But, I might see what all the fuss is about when the games release.

Back