Forum Management
It seems the review scores are all positive for now:

IGN – 9.3 / 10
GameSpot – 9 / 10
Game Informer – 8.75 / 10
GamesRadar – 4.5 / 5
GameXplain – “Liked”
Nintendo Life - 8 / 10
Ninten Pedia - Hopefully we'll have our review done soon.

Some people have been complaining how IGN gave such a low 6.8 out of 10 score to Death Stranding while this Pokemon game got a high 9.3. I'm not sure how good of a game Death Stranding is but I know about its popularity.

Reactions: Starry Windy
I'm glad seeing how the press reviews went positively for Pokémon Sword and Shield, and I hope everyone else would see these as the games they would enjoy, too.

wonder if they got a completely different game. will rate it myself when done playing it

The problem with IGN is that it's like a lottery of who's going to be reviewing it. The person who did Death Stranding and Sword and Shield are likely different people.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze and Marc
The problem with IGN is that it's like a lottery of who's going to be reviewing it. The person who did Death Stranding and Sword and Shield are likely different people.
That's what people responded to the people who complained :pepe2:

That's what people responded to the people who complained :pepe2:
:/ I mean, when you review a Pokemon game and listen 'too much water' as a downside, you're basically unqualified to review Pokemon.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze
:/ I mean, when you review a Pokemon game and listen 'too much water' as a downside, you're basically unqualified to review Pokemon.
lol. Did an IGN reviewer really say that?

lol. Did an IGN reviewer really say that?
Yeah, it was for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire I think. It was so stupid. I think they've changed it since.

Reactions: Mr. Kream and Marc
game drops tonight. i've avoided spoilers and whatnot so hopefully I'll be able to give an unbiased first impression (since i've been on both sides of the field when it comes to this game). will update this post after I play for like an hour if I don't just go to bed and play after school like i did with luigi's mansion

GameXplain : "talks about the issues of the game and says that it not very enyojable later on, liked"
me: ¿what?

sorry , i cant believe those high scores
specially i cannot believe IGN when they are the same that sayed that the FE fates story was “an emotional and engaging journey”

buy the game if you want, but have in mind that that will just perpetuate the issues with the pokemon main series

I want one spoiler answered, does this one have a working and succinct plot, or is it excessively bland and full of holes?

I want one spoiler answered, does this one have a working and succinct plot, or is it excessively bland and full of holes?
as far i know from people that have played it, the story is very bland

also knowing if the story is good its not a spoiler

as far i know from people that have played it, the story is very bland

also knowing if the story is good its not a spoiler
To be fair, most of the Pokemon's stories aren't really good. They're just copy/paste repeats of each other with some plot elements a little different. No one's playing Pokemon for the captivating plot.

To be fair, most of the Pokemon's stories aren't really good. They're just copy/paste repeats of each other with some plot elements a little different. No one's playing Pokemon for the captivating plot.
*Laughs in BW.*

*Laughs in BW.*
If you think the BW plot was good, then fair enough, to each their own. But it still follows the key plot points of Bad Team is using Legendary Mascot to seize control and for some reason, it's the destiny of this random 10 year old to stop them.

BW was trash, trashy enough that I quit after playing it; and knowing whether or not a Pokemon game is bland is a spoiler, because like Alex said, if it is bland then it's the same rinse, wash, repeat of what we've gotten the past. Basically, if you know it's bland, then you already know the entire plot.
If you think the BW plot was good, then fair enough, to each their own. But it still follows the key plot points of Bad Team is using Legendary Mascot to seize control and for some reason, it's the destiny of this random 10 year old to stop them.
You know how it is, adults in J-RPGs don't have enough soul to worry about Armageddon, they're too busy walking in circles and saying things that don't matter to care.

it follows the tipical structure of the story in pokemon games, but it executes it better than most, if not all pokemon games ,also, litte details like...it being maybe the hardest pokemon game or
the final boss not being the champion league
and having the most less generic and viable plan (at least in concept for pokemon standards) makes me truly believe that the enemy team, specially its leader, are truly dangerous and not some random hooligans so weak that no one of importance ever tries to do something except the main character and MAYYYBE the rival showing up to help and some other character that end up doing nothing that truly helps because they know that a random kid will solve the problem alone

in fact , most gym leaders in BW show up to DO SOMETHING OF MINIMAL IMPORTANCE and actually try to help during the story (at least in cutscenes, but good luck having a battle + 10 trainers participating at the same time in pokemon) and that sell even more the idea that the enemy team must be stoped and if they succed in anything its a disgrace of at least minimal importance, instead of being the daily routine of a average citizen in the pokemon world
it helps having another antagonist line N that has a valid way of thinking instead of having a ridiculous objetive like " lets make more sea/more terrain because of a ridiculous motivation and then get surprised when it goes wrong" or "no emotions... ¿because cyrus dont like them?¿can´t he live in complete solitude withouth bothering anyone and getting bothered ?" or" only people with style will be allowed to live" team rocket and the evil team in sun and moon (i haven played ultramoon or ultrasun) are less ridiculous but still i think black and white has the best history in general ,wich includes having the best evil team

BW was trash, trashy enough that I quit after playing it

its trashy because?
i guess we can agree in that we disagree

Last edited:
Back