SwSh Pokemon Sword: Calyrex the monster (super OP)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i spent a few hours grinding money for stat vitamins yesterday after i caught my calyrex in sword, then got myself a modest mint for him and used a couple bottle caps on him. all of his moves are the same as when caught but i taught him nasty plot instead of agility to break battles since he has grim neigh as part of the compound ability exclusive to calyrex (or one of the two kinds anyway). even without one nasty plot my calyrex can easily one shot the first pokemon in the battle tower with where he is now. if the first mon is a water type its fairly safe most times for me to do one nasty plot and then go for the OHKO. and not only will this more than likely leave them in red HP (if they survive... most mons wont though), but with every faint inflicted by calyrex, he gets a +1 to special attack. use nasty plot one time because this makes it so you never have to risk a second one. EVERYTHING dies to this.

the former popular method for wiping out the battle tower was to use a fast dracovish holding a choice scarf and spamming fishous rend. this is good for people who might be too underpowered to take on calyrex in the DLC since he is extremely powerful and can one shot effortlessly at evened out levels. i had a lv 85 tapu koko weaken him and after one nature's madness (first turn) astral barrage took me out in one hit. this obviously proves that he is not to be taken lightly, this was non-supereffective but has insane base power and this isnt counting the STAB bonus. i recommend blissey stalling on him since the ghost one wont use this move (or will and it wont hit) and she has some of the highest special defense in existence while you build evasion with minimize. this imo is the safest way to weaken and capture calyrex but requires very high levels and the safest setups possible. if hes too hard for now, use dracovish until you can safely take on calyrex. hes very strong. alternatively, you can use a master ball if you have one to spare (recommended) but if you dont youre going to have to power up if hes too hard to survive

i went from having 85 BP to a big 141 BP in just an hour and a half of calyrex wiping the battle tower. my other two mons were weakness policy urshifu (great cover for calyrex if theres occasional threat mons but theyre very minimal) and life orb power construct zygarde. i had wise glasses on calyrex to boost special attack since choice specs would be a problem if they use a normal type mon, unless you have the ice calyrex this is where choice specs seem like theyd have a risk, so i used wise glasses for utility reasons instead. not sure if theres a better item, weakness policy and life orb are already used on other two so these were out since we cant use duplicate hold items. seems to work well enough though, practically swimming in BP cheesing the tower with calyrex lol

i couldnt find any youtube videos of calyrex rage/ wipe montage so thought id share my experience here haha

Reactions: InfiniteDream
Kinda looking forward to seeing what Calyrex is about for myself

Reactions: Kadaj
Back