SwSh pokemon sword: "fresh run" with crown tundra dlc/ island of armor perks

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
maybe some people here already know about what im going to write here, but i started a new run on my secondary user in pokemon sword since i wanted an extra calyrex and also decided to replay the game for fun as well. and with the new DLC theres some pretty surprising and good ways to get going easily... so heres what i did so far...

got past the beginning sections of course after around 1 hour grinding my starter to lv 63. was tempted to use max mushrooms on my main save just for laughs but didnt lol, decided to save those for shiny hatches for now. so then of course i sent my cinderance back to the new run and blew through the beginning up to where i got the flying taxi. if the game does let you go to the DLC areas without this i dont really suggest it, especially in crown tundra youll have a lot of tedious running around added to the list that could be easily reduced by getting this first (its easy to get anyhow lol...).

so then i went to the crown tundra, lost to peony since he was lv 70s and my cinderance was my only high/ mid level mon obviously, but the game let me continue anyway and i dont think i lost money either which is good. wouldnt be a good thing to lose already limited cash this early. post game it hardly matters since i just league sweep with my new perfect calyrex (i love him! best new pokemon and he had an amazing story). sure, i couldve gone with my calyrex by transferring but it would be a nuisance with restrictive obedience rate against a lv 70 person so i took the loss instead of resetting for this reason.

then i did the first dynamax adventure and got myself a lv 65 drapion, failed suicune because i had a bad team and one dumbhead CPU who spammed quiver dance and did nothing to make use of it (argh get these ones out! gamefreak why??). luckily the lady at the entrance let me get to her again without any RNG so i was able to get her the second time. and shes still lv 70! this is crazy, youve already beaten the game with these legends and high level random mons. just buy normal poke balls to save money since it doesnt seem like you can fail to catch these mons. might as well use whats most easily accesible. had another stupid CPU who used a pincurchin during the second attempt at suicune and all he did was use accupressure every single turn and didnt even attack once! the only reason this wasnt worse than that fashion show wanna-be solrock in the standard raids is because he gave me electric terrain earlier on where i had a galvantula and he wasnt getting OHKO'd all the time. but what a waste of potential! why these sitting ducks gamefreak?

now im just farming money to get some extra stuff for the run, might grind my new mons and anymore i get that look good levelled up too. but you can probably solo almost the whole game with this suicune... insane and i love it. this will by far be the most curious playthrough ive done so far and i think im going to love it haha

Back