SwSh Pokemon Sword/Shield will have 18 gyms

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
That's a lot when compared to previous Pokemon games :eek:

Pokemon Sword/Shield will have a whopping 18 gyms which are split into major and minor leagues. I'm not sure how these "leagues" are going to play out but we'll see.

Director Shigeru Ohmori told Game Informer:
“There are 18 different types of gyms in the story, and depending on the version, which gyms are in the minor league and which gyms are in the major league are different. For example, in Sword, the fighting-type gym will be in the major league, but in Shield, the ghost-type. The idea is that every year, the Galar region is playing and which gyms make it into the minor league versus the major league changes.”
How do you feel about this?

I really like this idea, this way every Gym will be playable but at the same time there will still be a difference between the two games.
There should be at least 18 towns, right? It seems awesome. :eek:

Good. Hopefully the last few gyms will actually provide some sort of challenge.

Thats actually pretty cool, I like the idea. Are the minor gyms optional or do we have to do them as well? Also, does this mean that we'll be doing a gym at every town? That'll kinda ruin the anticipation and excitement of an occasional gym battle.

This means the meta is going to be either really well developed or Gym teams will consist of only the best 6 or less mons in the meta. Seasonal Gyms doesn't really sound that great but version differences I don't mind. Hopefully TMs aren't awards otherwise it'll take a while to get them all.

So as it turns out, this isn't correct; it's still going to be 8 gyms total. Though whether or not that means gyms will be randomized or static, remains to be seen.

Back