SwSh Pokemon Sword/Shield will have something called Poke Jobs

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Pokemon are getting jobs in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.

Players will be able to check for these Poke Jobs at the Rotomi in Pokémon Centers and send Pokemon to the jobs directly from one of your boxes. Apparently, these jobs help them grow (+ EXP) and there are Pokemon types that do better at specific jobs.

Some screenshots:

6ZdE3OB.jpg

l32s57z.jpg

EgEqGbF.jpg

IVpTUAj.jpg

What do you think?

Reactions: Starry Windy
I think it's pretty neat! When I saw it on Japanese trailer, the job listing got me intrigued. I'm wondering, will Pokéjobs allow me to assign many 'mons for multiple jobs if possible? Like having some mons handling cooking, while asking the others to handle construction at the same time. I'm sure it'll be useful if Pokéjobs can be this flexible.

It reminds me of any app game honestly. Just like Smash's Gyms and Dojos for spirits and EV training in Sun/Moon (which hopefully aren't replaced) which I'm all for since it's not like everyone has time to play the game 24/7. We'll still have to see how useful it is too. I hope you get paid or get items too.

Reactions: Starry Windy
This sounds pretty neat, I don’t know if I’ll end up using it but I think this seems like a pretty good feature. I think it’s also neat that you match up pokemon with specific jobs because it adds a little more logic and reasoning.

Pokemon are getting jobs in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.

Players will be able to check for these Poke Jobs at the Rotomi in Pokémon Centers and send Pokemon to the jobs directly from one of your boxes. Apparently, these jobs help them grow (+ EXP) and there are Pokemon types that do better at specific jobs.

Some screenshots:

6ZdE3OB.jpg

l32s57z.jpg

EgEqGbF.jpg

IVpTUAj.jpg

What do you think?
Where are these screenshots from? The only place I’ve seen this are in the Japanese trailers and those screens were IN Japanese. :0

Where are these screenshots from? The only place I’ve seen this are in the Japanese trailers and those screens were IN Japanese. :0
They're in English :p They're from the official Pokemon website.

Huh, sounds pretty neat, not gonna lie. Seems like it’s be a great way to level up Pokémon quickly, rather than just camping in grass and fighting wild Pokémon, lol.

I honestly like how Sword and Shield are shaping up. Looks like they might be pretty great games, and who knows, I might have to pick one of them up, see how good it is. ^^

Huh, sounds pretty neat, not gonna lie. Seems like it’s be a great way to level up Pokémon quickly, rather than just camping in grass and fighting wild Pokémon, lol.

I honestly like how Sword and Shield are shaping up. Looks like they might be pretty great games, and who knows, I might have to pick one of them up, see how good it is. ^^
Im starting to feel this way too :) I was really distraught about the visuals but Fire Emblem Three Houses looks like hot PS2 era garbage and it’s probably my favorite game on the switch atm. I’m keeping an open mind, and ig just accepting that this game is 100% going to play it pretty safe with the core concepts, and I’m cool with it :)

I just want to know why that Rotomdex is wearing a Geodude.

I just want to know why that Rotomdex is wearing a Geodude.
It's not the Rotom Dex, but it's some other Rotom that they call Rotomi. I can presume Galar region like to use Rotom on some uses, including this one which handles jobs. And maybe the reason they pick Geodude-like outfit for Rotomi was to accentuate that workers are strong as rock (or Geodude in this case), probs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Kream
Back