Gen 1 Pokemon VC titles: Which one did you get?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Today marks the release of Pokemon Yellow/Blue/Red on Virtual console (3DS)! Happy 2oth anniversary Pokemon! Which title did you choose and why? or if you don't have any, but are planning to, which one will you buy? (or perhaps you'll get catch them all?). :p

I just downloaded Pokemon Yellow half an hour ago! Pikachu is beast and I really like the following feature. Getting all the starters eventually within the game is great! it brings back so many memories! :eek:

I'm not gonna bother getting Red/Blue, because I don't see the point, Yellow is more than enough for me. xD

Last edited:
Reactions: J9794 and D4rkDragon
Today marks the release of Pokemon Yellow/Blue/Red on Virtual console (3DS)! Happy 2oth anniversary Pokemon! Which title did you choose and why? or if you don't have any, but are planning to, which one will you buy? (or perhaps you'll get catch them all?). :p

I just downloaded Pokemon Yellow half an hour ago! Pikachu is beast and I really like the following feature. Getting all the starters eventually within the game is great! it brings back so many memories! :eek:

I'm not gonna bother getting Red/Blue, because I don't see the point, Yellow is more than enough for me. xD

Got Blue not too long ago. Might try to pick up Red and Yellow eventually, just for the sake of nostalgia (and trade with my friends). Time to grab my (almost torn) old video game magazine which contained around 100 pages dedicated on how to 100% the game (Fun fact: it also references the common glitches, despite being released in 1999)!

Reactions: J9794 and Mikaya

I got Pokemon Blue for myself, but I'm gonna be getting Red for my other 3DS console and Yellow too. My reasoning has to do with the fact that I go against popular opinion. Red is the more popular choice of the two, so Blue it is. Not only that, Squirtle and his family line happens to be my choice starter each and every time for Gen I titles, so that plays into it as well.

Yellow never appealed to me much because of the fact that it tries to follow in the footsteps of the anime. While that's not a bad thing, it doesn't sit right with me since the game canon and anime canon are their own things. A few cameos/references here and there are alright but Yellow takes it a whole new level. Also Pikachu as a starter is functionally terrible in the early game.

Another part of my choice is that Pokemon Blue and by extension Red are more broken than Yellow; once Game Freak realised how much the game could be fiddled around with, they begun tightening the knot with Yellow and put up anti-glitching methods to make all those fun glitches harder to access or initiate.

Reactions: Mikaya
I still haven't got any yet. I'm considering getting Blue since it was my first one but now I'm considering getting yellow. Unfortunately I have to like wait several months due to money being an issue but you know. I'm planning to buy that, super mystery dungeon and pokken on like the same day

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Working on getting Yellow, I get paid on Monday so I'm excited for that, I'll shoot for Red afterwards. I pick Yellow because I love Pikachu so much! And I love the sound bites in it based off what I heard with my Emulator (before I cleaned my phone's cookies and erased the save data). And red because the nostalgia!

I think I won't be getting any in the VC, $10 seems a bit too much for a gbc game and the only new feature is transfering kanto pokemon to the new games, but I doubt those pokemon would have anythig the new ones have.
Instead, I'll put some AA batteries into my old gameboy color and play yellow and red again in the real console :p.

I think I won't be getting any in the VC, $10 seems a bit too much for a gbc game and the only new feature is transfering kanto pokemon to the new games, but I doubt those pokemon would have anythig the new ones have.
Instead, I'll put some AA batteries into my old gameboy color and play yellow and red again in the real console :p.

A nice choice but at the very least the VC titles have the practical purpose of allowing one to play the game without the risk of losing the save data to a battery, and I would know; I lost my Blue save trying to find the 151st Pokemon and completing the game. (Curse you, Tauros! :rage:)

Then again that doesn't mean I wouldn't play the cart games again, but this is an okay alternative and easier to move around than both a Gameboy and a 3DS.

A nice choice but at the very least the VC titles have the practical purpose of allowing one to play the game without the risk of losing the save data to a battery, and I would know; I lost my Blue save trying to find the 151st Pokemon and completing the game. (Curse you, Tauros! :rage:)

Then again that doesn't mean I wouldn't play the cart games again, but this is an okay alternative and easier to move around than both a Gameboy and a 3DS.

you make a good point about the save data of the battery, I don't know how much battery is left on my games D:.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I never did get a chance to buy those games in their console release (I wasn't rich back then) With the VC release, even though I can play them via emulator, I got all three of them. I really want to capture all 151 before Pokemon Sun and Moon comes out. Yes, I'll use the Mew glitch . . . and maybe get a lot of Mews! I wonder if Pokemon Bank will allow it . . .

I would try to get Pokemon Yellow just for this thing
what do you guys think about this pic.
Cha+ching_f7a153_5842642.jpg

all three

Back