Do you plan on completing the Pokedex?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
These are some of my strategies that help in completing the Pokedex more efficiently/faster.

1. Check your PC for any un-evolved Pokemon. If you do find some Pokemon which are unevolved, give them a Lucky Egg, activate Exp. O-Power and go to Restaurant le Wow in Lumiose City. Go and do a Triple battle, as it is the fastest out of the 3 options. Once you have battled all of the staff in the restaurant, you will most likely have a Pokemon that has evolved at least once, if not twice. Repeat if necessary.

2. Fly to the first town in the game. From there onwards, catch every Pokemon you can, and do not run from even a single Pokemon. Check the Pokedex for more rare Pokemon that you haven't found yet.

3. Wonder trade. This might sound a bit inconvenient, but if you have a lot of breeding rejects you can wonder trade them all away and you will (hopefully) get a rare Pokemon that you did not have before. I was wonder trading my 3IV Scythers yesterday and I got myself an Oshawott that you cannot usually catch in game.

4. Help out your friends that play Pokemon. If you help a friend get a Pokemon that is exclusive to your version that they don't have, they will most likely reward you with something that is exclusive to their game.

5. Battle as many trainers as you can in-game. They will have some Pokemon that you haven't caught. This will add some of the data of that Pokemon to the Pokedex, like location. This information can help you locate a Pokemon that you might have been looking for.

These are all my main strategies for now.
What do you guys think? Do you like my strategies? Do you have another strategy that you would like to add? let me know in the replies below.

I'd check the Pokedex to see which ones I don't have. Catch 'em as you see them during the story mode so it's easier to go back to the ones you need. Evolve Pokémon that haven't been evolved yet as you use them in the story. Look up the requirements for certain Pokémon to evolve (for example Sligoo and Slurpuff). You could look up the ones you don't have on the GTS but if you can get them yourself there's no reason to. After you are done with the Kalos native Pokémon go for the Friend Safari Pokes. I think you are able to find all the Kanto Pokémon in the game by FS or anywhere else in the game. Then go on the GTS for whatever else you need or find a friend who has those Pokes. I didn't get many Pokémon I didn't have by Wonder Trading but it's worth a shot.

Yeah. Some of the strategies you mentioned are similar to mine. Wonder trade has a very luck dependant system for what you get. Sometimes, it will be route 1wild pokemon, sometimes you will get a really rare kalos bred pokemon.

Personally, I think those strategies take too much time and I also rarely have more than 100,000 poke. I think Poke bank and Poke transporter are quicker options.

I rarely try to capture every Pokemon. I think I'll set one of my goals for AS/OR to capturing every Pokemon I encounter or is on my Pokedex. That will make completing the Pokedex much easier than trying to do all of them at once.

I rarely try to capture every Pokemon. I think I'll set one of my goals for AS/OR to capturing every Pokemon I encounter or is on my Pokedex. That will make completing the Pokedex much easier than trying to do all of them at once.
If you capture every different species you encounter in x/y and OR/AS, that means you won't have to use poke transporter nearly as often or get rid of more powerful pokemon like the legendaries in the previous generations.

If you capture every different species you encounter in x/y and OR/AS, that means you won't have to use poke transporter nearly as often or get rid of more powerful pokemon like the legendaries in the previous generations.

Yeah, Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS will have a large amount of Pokemon from the overall list. However, quite a few wills till be missing and I don't have the PokeTransporter/PokeBank App (nor do I want to pay yearly for it).

On thing about completing the Pokedex, how will one complete it if they don't have heartgold or soulsilver or a powersave? You need them to get Ho-oh and Lugia.

I guess their only option would be through trading. It's always been like that since I doubt most people have all the games. Now that PokeTransporter is a paid service, it will be even harder to find Pokemon from previous generations since only people who have paid the yearly fee can import older Pokemon.

I did manage to trade a ninetales level 100 for a staraptor level 100 that was transferred from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and I thought Starly was unobtainable in X/Y and is unobtainable Black/White.

Last edited:
I did manage to trade a ninetales level 100 for a staraptor level 100 that was transferred from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Starly is unobtainable in X/Y and Black/White.
False. You can catch Staravia in the game (XY) and breed it to get Starly. Know the game before you comment.

edited

Back