Gen 6 Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari Shiny Hunting

• Thread starter Syntthetix
  • Start date
Syntthetix

Syntthetix

Celestial Wizard
Towns Folk
Hey everyone, I was just wondering about how to do friend safari shiny hunting, I've tried for an hour straight without any luck. Is there some specific type of safari you're suppose to use, or is it just pure luck?
Thanks in advance.:banghead:

just keep wondering once I found a shiny riolu!

just keep wondering once I found a shiny riolu!
Ok, thanks. And it's pretty awesome that you found that riolu, considering it's my one of my favorite pokemon.

yeah but it should take an hour that's how long it was or me

oh, damn...

oh, damn...
Relax~~:D finding shiny is a challenge, patience is essential when finding one.. Its just so difficult to get, the chance to get one still have, . is it really that you can get shinu through friend safari? .. I never have a thought about this anyway..

Relax~~:D finding shiny is a challenge, patience is essential when finding one.. Its just so difficult to get, the chance to get one still have, . is it really that you can get shinu through friend safari? .. I never have a thought about this anyway..
ya if you look it up online you'll find twitch streams, youtube videos, articles, and guides on how to do it. Apparently if you just keep on encountering pokemon in the friend safari, you'll eventually run into a shiny.

Reactions: kaw1234
It is easier to find a shiny by chain fishing and it doesn't take that long to find one; about 15 minutes. You should try it out too if you would like to catch a shiny. There are plenty of videos on how to chain fish and what not to do so refer to them and you can get a shiny easily. If you are not able to watch a video due to different reasons (loading problems, laziness xD etc), just msg me and I can tell you msg you all the stuff you want to know about chain fishing.

ya, i know how to chain fish, I just wasn't sure if it was faster or not.

There is no method other than running around and encountering pokemon, and there is actually no proof for or against the friend safari raising shiny chance other than peoples' experiences. I actually do believe this and got a shiny snorunt at around 200 encounters.

There is no method other than running around and encountering pokemon, and there is actually no proof for or against the friend safari raising shiny chance other than peoples' experiences. I actually do believe this and got a shiny snorunt at around 200 encounters.

Oh god my 3ds was being dumb and did this D:

I think if you got a shiny charm you could increase your chances but to get that you must catch or must have seen every single pokemon,you don't need the non-event legendaries though like darkrai.Other than that I have heard that you can stay on one spot and turn in all four directions continusly you might run into a shiny.

Continue to search and search. Me I got a Hoothoot shiny in safari without searching.

And you can have it without searching but you really need luck.

Yeah you can wait some hours to get a shiny but this is the life sorry :(

If you have the shiny charm, the odds for finding one will increase immensely.

I'm pretty sure after immense research and data gathering, some people concluded that the shiny charm has no effect with the Friend Safari.

I'm pretty sure after immense research and data gathering, some people concluded that the shiny charm has no effect with the Friend Safari.
Not necessary

If some players is searching shinies in safari it is simple:
-You can have 2 or 3 perfects IVs at your shiny
-You can have the hidden abiliy at your shiny (Shiny Ditto with Imposter with 2-3 IVs that pretty good to trade)
-Somes shinies starters that you don't have in your Pokémons but in the safari.

But I agree with you some persons can search an immense time (that so bad :()

I also testing the Safari Friend Shiny hunt and Chain Fishing (though I don't really like fish like Pokémon) also sometimes you could get lucky with Wonder Trade. Recently I traded Pokémon and got a shiny Fletchling and this morning I got a shiny legendary.

I'm going to kept at the Safari and see what happens and I'll tell you if I run into shinies.

Back