Polara - Small 3DS eShop game that seems challenging

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
In September, we're going to see a new game on the 3DS eShop named Polara.

The game first appeared in the Japan eShop and will now be making its way to the North America and Europe 3DS eShops. No specific date in September has been revealed as of yet.

You can take a look at the trailer below :

During the gameplay, the player must constantly swap colors to make it through levels. For example, if you see blue bullets, you must change to blue in order to get passed it, otherwise it's game over e.e

It looks a bit challenging. I'm not sure how much it'll cost but I doubt it'll cost an arm and a leg.

What are your thoughts about the game? :D

Lol, sounds like someone who played too much of Ikaruga and Gravity Guy and decided to mix them both into a new game :p

But it actually looks fun indeed :)

I'm not sure how much it'll cost but I doubt it'll cost an arm and a leg.
Is it really that expensive? :greedy:

Anyways, the game seems to be hard at first but, when mastered, it's a pretty easy game. These are the types of games that makes you want to throw your 3ds across the room. It's like instant death if you got your rhythm of the game wrong.

Ah, Mighty Switch Force and the eXceed series have similar mechanics too.
I love the arcade-game opening :p

Looking at the trailer it's about 400 yen, so about £3 or $4.

Also it looks like it used to be an iOS and Android game. It does look like id'll be very good though as long as it's not just a port from the mobile versions.. Should be a good, fun little annoying platformer :p

Looks like fun, I'll probably get it. I love a good challenge.

Oh noes. I suck at games like these. I will be struggling for hours but once I get in a flow (after 80+ hours of instant deaths) I'll beat the whole thing in under 2 hours. Probably not going to buy it, I lack the patience/skill for this stuff. But the graphics are nice? :)

Reactions: 24460
Looks like my kind of game. The background music didn't really fit the trailer, but I can't negate from my verdict because of it. Hopefully there's a reasonable amount of content and maybe some extremely difficult levels, too, because anyone who has played through a game like Geometry Dash will find this game too easy and beat it too quickly. :jimlad:

Back