1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Poll: 3ds Game Cases

Discussion in '2DS, 3DS and 3DS XL Discussions' started by 3dsCollector, Apr 2, 2018.

?

What Case Style is Better?

1. Make all cases white

2. Make only games that first came in white cases white

3. Make all games that possibly have red cases red

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 3dsCollector

3dsCollector Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    296 coins
    Hey guys! So as you know, most 3ds games come in a white case... But some of them are in red cases. This mismatch on my shelf is making me think... what would look better, switching them all to white cases, or leaving them be. Tell me in the poll, and in this thread! I'll be updating my 3ds collection shortly and I'm not sure how to proceed with these red case games.
  2. Mel

Mel Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    606 coins
    Having them all one color would look better, but I doubt this would be worth the hassle of making your shelf match. Personally I would just leave it be since that's how the games were pacakged. However I understand the want of having things match or something to look nice visually .
    3dsCollector likes this.
  3. Theresia

Theresia Hee-roine Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    169 coins
    I would leave them of their original colour and maybe putting all red games together to not create much contrast. That's what I did with my Platinum/Essentials cases for Playstation games.
    3dsCollector likes this.
  4. Agentperson

Agentperson Not a Meme Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    47 coins
    I never remembered seeing a red case game
    All of the 3ds games I have came in a white case (Probably before they changed to red?)
    3dsCollector likes this.
  5. 3dsCollector

Play Coins:
    296 coins
    Only certain games do. Super Mario Maker, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, etc. but most came in white cases.
  6. Agentperson

Agentperson Not a Meme Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    47 coins
    Idk why they would do this to he honest
    3dsCollector likes this.
  7. Mel

Mel Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    606 coins
    At a certain point they tried making most new Mario games have the red case. Red is Mario's main color so they probably thought it was a fun added addition. I know they did this with certain Nintendo Select Mario games too.
    3dsCollector likes this.
  8. coolflare

coolflare The flame of wonder and coolness Pedia Battle King

Play Coins:
    38 coins
    Red is associated with Mario and most games that had red cases were Mario games so I guess that’s why.
    3dsCollector likes this.
  9. 3dsCollector

Play Coins:
    296 coins
    Yea it became most Mario games, but not all. A perfect example of this is Mario Sports 3ds is a white case game
    coolflare likes this.
  10. OshaWhat!!!

OshaWhat!!! air breather Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    72 coins
    All red cases I have are Mario games even some of my ds ones are this way
  11. Rattus rattus

Rattus rattus Nintendo 3DS Legend Cartoon-ish

Play Coins:
    86 coins
    I suppose the red cases exist to represent some sort of specialty of the corresponding game, or just perhaps to differentiate it from other games. Though, I never really cared about the color of the game case and the white color was fine. To be honest, I wouldn't really think too much about how different they look in a shelf of 3ds games :p
    3dsCollector likes this.