[Poll] Do you think that the Nintendo Switch will have a touchscreen?

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date

Do you think that the Nintendo switch will have a touchscreen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
Do you think that the Nintendo Switch will have a touchscreen? Opinions differ online as some people say that it will and others say that it wont, I personally hope that it does as that would make it a lot more open to different styles of games. On the other hand since this is "Mainly a home console" with the gamepad in that stand thing, you would not be able to use a touchscreen in home games..

just saw the trailer, they didn't seem to use it, and wouldn't they highlight such features. (like the puppy ears)

Touchscreen have always been up to debate. One one end it's gross and there's nasty fingerprints on the screen. On the other end of that gross side they would solve a lot of forensics cases involving a touchscreen handheld in case things get out of hand. I say it's going to be a straight up "no" because Nintendo doesn't want a bad rap again (as in technology is the devil and only millennial parents want to buy this console).

Sense it wasn't shown in the trailer I say no but does that mean no mario maker for the switch

Nintendo declines to say whether there will be a touch screen or not..
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/21/13362890/nintendo-switch-not-dualscreen
Nintendo declined to answer a slew of other questions about the tablet and its features. Among the questions Nintendo declined to answer now were:

• What Nvidia chipset the device is using.
  • Whether the Switch will have a touchscreen or motion/gyroscopic control.
  • What the tablet’s resolution is, how much it weighs and its specific size.
  • If the Switch supports other controller attachments beyond the Joy-Con it comes with.

Pretty much 50/50 in the poll right now. Since the Switch is a sort-of tablet it would be weird for it to not have a touchscreen. Rumour also has it that it uses the same cartridge as the DS-family, and those gae often require a touchscreen. Then again, they don't appear to be using one in the trailer.

According to Laura Kate, the person who leaked everything so far correctly, it does have a multi touch touchscreen.

Apparently, it will be used for menus, drawing and some games like "Super Mario Maker port" (yes, that's what she said eeek) but that all games would be required to be playable while both docked and undocked, so touch controls aren't required.

The touch screen would be necessary if they are going to make functionalities on it like a tablet, or in particular games where you need that touch thingy.

If they don't have any of these (I hope they do have them), it is not entirely desirable. It will just add on to the price of the console for no big reason at all.

Reactions: Marc
According to Laura Kate, the person who leaked everything so far correctly, it does have a multi touch touchscreen.
Yeah. As soon as I saw the tablet-like device, I instantly thought it was a touchscreen.

I don't think I used the Wii U GamePad's touchscreen a lot so it wouldn't have mattered to me either way. Still tho, there are some games that may need the touchscreen support for a better experience.

Reactions: Blue Knight
I doubt it, because from the looks of it the tablet part is only for when you are on the go unlike with the wii u where on which it was the controller

I kinda hope it isn't also because i don't like to be forced to use a touchscreen on a home console tbh...but if it is whatever i guess they can make it work :p

Edit: Either that or it doesn't play a large role

As much as I'd love it to have a touch-screen, it doesn't appear as if it will be using one for the purpose of streamlining gameplay for both docked and undocked modes.

That being said and given the above chatter about it, it might happen.

I think it will have one. If it doesn't, we can say good bye to many games if they decide to do a VC for 3DS and Wii U, since a couple of games rely on it. Plus, we saw footage of Splatoon, which has some touchscreen features (jumping on allies, for instance).

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I think it will have one. If it doesn't, we can say good bye to many games if they decide to do a VC for 3DS and Wii U, since a couple of games rely on it. Plus, we saw footage of Splatoon, which has some touchscreen features (jumping on allies, for instance).
I hope that this is the case. As a tablet without a touchscreen is just a screen.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
God imagine the horrors of a resistive touchscreen. Yuck. That would be a travesty to the system

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I hear it's going to have one but all that is up in the air right now . It's to soon to really tell and I'm sure more info is going to be out on it some time soon. I'm more interested in the battery life and the games that are going to be on it cause it's the games that would sell me on the system or not. I wanna see some interesting games on it and not just a lot of ports.

God imagine the horrors of a resistive touchscreen. Yuck. That would be a travesty to the system
Actually, the Wii U GamePad and DS/3DS touch screens are resistive :p

Resistive is usually better than capacitive for stylus-based screens, so maybe they're trying something else with a capacitive screen...

Actually, the Wii U GamePad and DS/3DS touch screens are resistive :p

Resistive is usually better than capacitive for stylus-based screens, so maybe they're trying something else with a capacitive screen...

But the Switch doesn't seem stylus supported. And the styluses of the 3ds and WiiU are products of an outdated age.

I don't think you will be able to use a stylus on the Nintendo Switch since it wasn't shown in the trailer and if it was coming back they probably would have shown it in the trailer. Another thing I noticed is there wasn't a little hole to put your stylus in the switch so it's pretty much not going to happen.

Back