Portable Pokemon Computers

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
No I'm not talking real world here and I don't want to steal anyone's previous ideas but do you think you would be able to access your Pokemon PC wherever you go in future titles? Sure you could have a separate space for your party and Battle Box and the convenience of it is obvious (and a neat thing to try for speedruns). Sure it could be given to you by some unknown force/Professor or it would be neat if the hero made it. Imagine the better plots you could make. Although the nostalgia would be missing I don't see a problem with it.

I'd like a Pokemon Laptop as well as the PokeWatch from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I especially liked how the watch had a step counter plus a daycare app. It would make breeding a bit less tough and would also save some time in the long run. The PC would be nice, although I don't know if it would be fair to be able to store away Pokemon on the fly (how would it work anyway?).

I'd like a Pokemon Laptop as well as the PokeWatch from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I especially liked how the watch had a step counter plus a daycare app. It would make breeding a bit less tough and would also save some time in the long run. The PC would be nice, although I don't know if it would be fair to be able to store away Pokemon on the fly (how would it work anyway?).
Box for Party, Battle Box, and PC Boxes. It sounds like it would be much easier to program than having PCs everywhere like the Day Care and Pokemon Center.

Yeah, although I wonder how you would exactly transfer a Pokeball with a Pokemon to a computer. Just throw it and hopefully it goes through? :) I'm not doubting its usefulness though. They would also have to make sure you can't just deposit a Pokemon and withdraw it to restore health/PP. But if that's the case, then effectively you have increased the amount of Pokemon you can carry. That would make it really easy to just swap out Pokemon when you see a fire trainer or a grass trainer.

I actually thought of an idea where if you have a Pokemon that knows fly, you could send it to retrieve items. Maybe you deposit money or a Pokeball, and the Pokemon will try and retrieve the item you requested (whether it be a potion or a Pokemon from your PC). It would only have a limited chance of succeeding. That's more of a side thought, but still something I would like to see.

Yeah, although I wonder how you would exactly transfer a Pokeball with a Pokemon to a computer. Just throw it and hopefully it goes through? :) I'm not doubting its usefulness though. They would also have to make sure you can't just deposit a Pokemon and withdraw it to restore health/PP. But if that's the case, then effectively you have increased the amount of Pokemon you can carry. That would make it really easy to just swap out Pokemon when you see a fire trainer or a grass trainer.

I actually thought of an idea where if you have a Pokemon that knows fly, you could send it to retrieve items. Maybe you deposit money or a Pokeball, and the Pokemon will try and retrieve the item you requested (whether it be a potion or a Pokemon from your PC). It would only have a limited chance of succeeding. That's more of a side thought, but still something I would like to see.
Well I guess you'd still have to go to the Pokemon Center for healing. And something like that item retrieving thing exists in the form of Pickup ability. If there was a Pokemon/Zelda crossover then sure but not really in the main game would I find that useful.

Yeah, it might only be useful if you were making your way to the next city and your Pokemon were low on health and you had no more potions left. However, I haven't encountered that situation (where you might actually lose) since my first Pokemon game, which is sort of disappointing.

It would be awesome if you could access your PC boxes wherever you are. I think though that it would be disabled while battling the elite 4/Champion because you can't edit your Pokemon list then.

Back