Possibe Zelda Easter Egg in Team Kirby Crash Deluxe?

• Thread starter Iso Kilo
  • Start date

Do you think this was intentinal for these similarities, or just a coincidence?

• Total voters
Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Sonic 1 Hacker
Towns Folk
While battling my way through cutesy enemies, I learned a move. This is used for the swordsmen, how to preform it and it's effects are simple; Hold upwards, your sword then turns white and your projectile slash will become more powerful and red.

The Zelda easter egg comes in when you think about it. The animation to temporally upgrade your sword is Kirby's mouth agape, and lifting the blade in the air. This is similar to Link obtaining an item in most games. As well, this upgrades Kirby's sword to be a different colour, to white. In The Legend of Zelda, for the most part, when you upgrade your sword it will mostly change from wood to a metal in a white shade. Lastly, this involves making your projectile attack stronger. In the earlier Zelda games you could throw (?) your sword, and as your swords upgrade said attack would get stronger.

Definitely intentional. Common Nintendo practice

I think this move probs have been added in recent Kirby games, is it? I think it started a long way from Kirby Triple Deluxe, and it's called Sky Energy Sword. Which makes me think of Skyward Sword, too :p I guess that part is intentional, for sure, even though I have no idea changing to better sword was part of Zelda's Easter Eggs, considering that other heroes (like hammer, mage and doctor) can change to better weapons as well.

I think this move probs have been added in recent Kirby games, is it? I think it started a long way from Kirby Triple Deluxe,
I probably would have known that, but the only other Kirby game I've played was Kirby All Star (or Super Star?) Deluxe.

I think it made a reference to Skyward Sword. It struck me how alike the ability you described is to the Skyward Strike attack in that Zelda game.

I believe that this is a fully intentional move, as the sword Kirby has always had loads of Zelda easter eggs. I mean, just look, the normal sword kirby wears Link's hat! This move, however, seems to be a reference to skyward strike form Skyward Sword in particular.

Back