Possible 3ds games on Switch?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Yeah, so I hear that Nintendo had released an official Switch Stylus ( Not available in most places, I think ).

But yeah, a stylus could mean some things... Liie, remember how Wii U had some DS games you could play on it? Could that mean the Switch could have 3ds games to play later?

Well it can be used for Smash... When I read your title I thought of one game that already has been ported from 3DS to Switch but it doesn't use the touch screen as far as I know.

Reactions: P2.0
Brain training came with a free stylus with the physical version, and it works like a damn charm in the game. I will say though that the switch itself isn't made for use with a stylus though, it's a little janky.

The issue with DS games on the switch is that the switch only has 1 screen. The Wii u had 2 so that was fine. There have been ports of 3ds games onto the switch though, but they've had to be remade to be able to work with the 1 screen.

Welp, I don't need a iPad and Apple Pencil

Gonna get Colors 3D for the Switch... hehehe

well..super mario maker 2 is better to play with a stylus you know. and some games that like some colouring are drawing game would be better with a stylus. BUT, 3ds games ported to the switch is still a possibilitu. IF it happens there are a couple possibilities. one would be to make the switch pro backwards compatible and make the compatibilty a switch pro exclusive. another would be to introduce an add on hardware which allows the playability of 3ds cartridges. like maybe something you can plug into the type c port in the switch or something. the easiest way would be to have 3ds games introduces in the switch eshop sorta like the virtual console in 3ds. taking this one step further, they could introduce some 3ds games in the switch online membership. this would make the switch online 100% worth it,.

another would be to introduce an add on hardware which allows the playability of 3ds cartridges.
I highly doubt that Nintendo is going to go through all that trouble when they have the Virtual Console.

they could introduce some 3ds games in the switch online membership.
Really good idea, this could get people to upgrade from the 3DS to the Switch, as long as a good portion of the games were ported over!

I’m thinking like depak (sorry, I’m not even attempting to write that all out :rotfl:) and that if we do see it, it will be on the Switch online service. I doubt we will ever see it, though. Nintendo still expects to sell 3DS consoles and I don’t even think at the end of the Switch lifecycle that they’d go this route.

I would definitely enjoy it though.

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
I surely wouldn’t use that weird thing they call a stylus.
I use a Bluetooth Active Stylus Pen I got from Amazon it’s a fine hard tip.
works great those fat non electric stylus are not that great.
they have a drag effect or a sticking rub effect which is annoying.
its Nintendo they could of come up with something nicer but they made that thing..

on the other side of things 3ds games can be played on switch unofficially so I hope one day they come to the legit users.
kinda sad they dark side gets the goodies like themes, almost all Nintendo systems as emulation .. boo..
1582869440520.jpeg

Reactions: Jisenku
A specific 3ds sequal or or triqual (I think it's called) if you count the Japanese exclusive Nintendo ds game, is tomodachi life. I would really like a Tomodachi life sequal for the switch. I absolutely love tomodachi collection on the ds and tomodachi life on the 3ds. People are sating that miitopia is a tomodachi life sequel but its more like spinoff in my opinion. I really want a tomodachi life sequel because it would go well with the switches on the go functionality and it's been a long while since there was another installment in the series.

Yeah, so I hear that Nintendo had released an official Switch Stylus ( Not available in most places, I think ).

But yeah, a stylus could mean some things... Liie, remember how Wii U had some DS games you could play on it? Could that mean the Switch could have 3ds games to play later?
I guess you can port ds games on it. I mean Brain Training is already on there, and it's still fun. But the DS and 3DS and Wii U games I want the most is New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 3D Land, Kirby Planet Robobot, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time HD, The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask HD, and Super Mario 3D Land. Although most of these don't really nead the stylus lolololol. I mean, they made it work out with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for 3DS and Switch (i'm still saving up for it though, so I haven't played it that much outside from the demo and a few levels at my friend's house). They also made it work with Super Mario Maker 2's level creation, as well as (somewhat) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Stage Builder mode. I think there's a ton of possibilities for DS and 3DS ports, (maybe even DS virtual console! One can only dream) and really make it work out on Nintendo Switch. Like I sadi with a previous reply, Super Mario 3D Land and Kirby Planet Robobot are both REALLY good games, and both one of the best games in their respective franchises imo. They both do new and experimental stuff with the franchises, keeping stuff fresh and new (like the main gimmick of Kirby: Planet Robobot, the Robobot armor; or those weird glasses free 3D sections and 2d mario power ups in a 3d space for Super Mario 3D Land, like WOW) I haven't played Super Mario 3D World all that much, but if it's even half as good as the Super Mario 3D Land, I'd want to buy it for sure! (I even heard that it's BETTER! of course I want 3D World Deluxe!) and as for Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, I just want to play them in HD man, who wouldn't want that???? They're both one of the best games in the Zelda franchise, and it would be such a pain if we didn't get them in HD.

Reactions: Deepak and P2.0
I am a huge Phoenix Wright fan, so I’d really like to see the 3DS entries in the series come to the switch (Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice). I never picked up a 3DS after years of intending to, so I never got to play either one which eats me up inside.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t include these games in an anthology on the switch. As it is, they released the first three games as a trilogy pack on the Switch. This leaves out the later three games in the series, which doesn’t really make sense. Perhaps one day Capcom could come out with an Apollo Justice trilogy. I’d pick that up too.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Back