Ultimate Possible Echo Characters

• Thread starter SmashChamp
  • Start date
SmashChamp

SmashChamp

If life gives you pickles, you should eat them.
Towns Folk
Although clones were rather controversial, I kinda liked them tbh. They added a spin to characters already in the game, and I just find them overall interesting.

Here's a few potential ones off the top of my mind.

Funky Kong as DK echo

Dark Samus as Samus echo

Octoling for Inkling echo? Could be good to promote Octo expansion

Isabelle as Villager echo. I think she's fine as an assist trophy, but she's pretty popular.

Chrom as Ike/Marth echo. Robin Final Smash hasn't been shown yet, and Morgan could replace Chrom in the Final Smash.

Ken as Ryu echo

I see Birdo as a Yoshi echo tossed around, but I'm not sure if that'd work.

Who would you all like to see as echoes?

Reactions: AricAttack
I feel like Shadow has a good chance at being an echo character for Sonic. I know we saw a Knuckles assist trophy, but we haven't seen Shadow so far. I also think Jeanne would work well for a Bayonetta echo character. Bayonetta already has a Jeanne color alt just make that alt into the echo character now.

Reactions: Starry Windy
From the original post here are the ones i think could happen: Dark Samus could be a really good echo character, could be a faster samus with electricity attacks and less turning into a ball, so she looks like she is floating around instead. Metroid needs more reps, and this would be a good choice.
Octoling would be a great echo, but it might be a bit high of a hope to have it in smash ultimate. If there is another smash I wouldn’t be suprised if they are included then. Advertising the dlc does give it a bit more of a chance though. Isabelle and funky kong are too different from the characters they are supposed to be echoing.
Chrom as a Ike echo works, but considering how many fire emblem characters there are this probably won’t happen. However, i did notice that chrom was removed from Ike’s Final Smash, so you might be onto something.
Ken as Ryu works because they are technically echo characters in street fighter as well.
Birdo only has the ability to spit eggs. He will probably never be in smash, and i would be suprised if he is even in any other recent Nintendo game. Birdo is kinda weird.

Reactions: SmashChamp
If Nintendo added Shadow as a playable character (whether if he was an echo character or an entirely different character), I would instantly spend however much money I needed to in order to to get him.

On a more realistic note, I sure hope they add Dark Samus, and an Octoling would be pretty sweet too. I don’t see Nintendo making Isabelle a playable character, but they added her to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so maybe. Hopefully, they announce more characters soon.

I feel like Shadow has a good chance at being an echo character for Sonic. I know we saw a Knuckles assist trophy, but we haven't seen Shadow so far. I also think Jeanne would work well for a Bayonetta echo character. Bayonetta already has a Jeanne color alt just make that alt into the echo character now.
I see everyone talking about Shadow and I do understand, but he has so much potential as his own fighter ;-; If that happens I'llI know how Gannon mains felt.

You were right about Dark Samus and Chrom!

I think Shadow does deserve, and probably will be, in Smash Ultimate. His appearance is extremely similar to Sonic and could have similar moveset. Birdo would be an interesting addition, but I don't know how it'd work. Excited for the game!

Reactions: SmashChamp and Samster
I'd also back Shadow as Sonic echo.

Chrom being roy with ike recovery was a suprise.

I am a psychic

Reactions: AricAttack
I would definitely want to see Shadow as an echo. It would make sense considering he has very similar abilities to him, over Knuckles(who is already an assist trophy). Maybe even Tails can echo Sonic, why not. Tails would probably have the closest move set to Sonic, next to Shadow. Tails is sort of forgotten when considering Sonic echos, but the potential is definitely there.

Yeah. Shadow being taken out as an assist trophy and Knuckles being used as an assist trophy is pretty much confirming that Shadow will be in the game as an echo character.

it would be wonderful if arle nadja and amitie as echo fighter happened as dlc.
it would be cool if 2 characters from diffrent games could act as echo fighters like ashley from warioware and feli from puyo as a echo fighter as dlc for example.
it would be funny if kizuna ai and kaguya luna as a echo fighter was a possible dlc characters. it would be a surprise if jessica albert and veronica from dragon quest series became dlc also.

Ashley would be a cool new character in smash but I think she has been revealed as an assist trophy.

• Shadow or Werehog Sonic as a eco for Sonic
  • Tiny and Chunky for Dk and Diddy
  • Zero for MegaMan
  • Waluigi for complete!!
  • Shadow Mario for Mario or Bowser Jr.
  • Throh, Sawk, infernape for pokemon echos

• Shadow or Werehog Sonic as a eco for Sonic
  • Tiny and Chunky for Dk and Diddy
  • Zero for MegaMan
  • Waluigi for complete!!
  • Shadow Mario for Mario or Bowser Jr.
  • Throh, Sawk, infernape for pokemon echos

I think having different pokemon as echos is a genius idea! I hope it happens.

Back