Possible problems With The Switch

• Thread starter Iso Kilo
  • Start date
Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Sonic 1 Hacker
Towns Folk
Not every console starts out well, this effected the 3DS and the WiiU, so this is a few things I think can go wrong with the Switch. First of all the price, the Switch is going to have a ridiculous price like $600, I understand why the steep price would seem fine with Nintendo, it must be hard to develop a system where it switches from tablet to TV and have the ability to remove the controls on the side of the tablet (does anyone know what the tablet thing is officially called? I feel like calling it a tablet doesn't do the Switch justice of being unique.) Secondly small parts that get lost easily, I swear that I have lost a total of 3 controllers and games in my life, and I don't feel like that's going to help with Switch because you can seamlessly remove the controls on the side of the tablet and games are now made in DS like cartridges, so I'm not going to be happy with Nintendo if my copy of TLoZ:BoTW goes missing. Finally, this is more of just a minor thing that bothered me in the trailer but I noticed that the controller (not the tablet, the one you use for the TV) was quite bulky in the middle, but then there's the controller when you remove the right side of it it becomes a tiny controller that could only fit the hands of a 3-year old, but it limits your controls, all you have is the right analog stick (which probably changes to left when you use it like this) the four buttons, B, A, Y, X and the R and ZR triggers.
So what are some problems you think the Switch will have? Let me know down below.

Reactions: Kakea
I don´t see why you are being so pesimistic. I mean, nintendo is developing this new console of them, they have showcased some in game footage of some of its next titles, why would you think it is going to be a failure?
Regarding what you say about the price, I do hope you are wrong! But wait, where did you get that info from? I have read some analisis about the possible competitive price of the nx and it is way much lower than what you believe.

First of all, I think Nintendo would make it at max $399. No matter how hard it would be, they would sell it at that price, to make it a popular console. Anyway, gaming companies earn from their games and not their consoles.

The carefulness of keeping it safe and not be lost is the responsibility of the user. If they had made it any bigger, it would reduce the portability factor and be inconvenient.

Lastly, the controllers might be small, but not all That small. It would be quit similar, or more convenient, to the NES remote (at least what I would imagine). You would only use them to play an impromptu multiplayer and it is difficult to make a controller that could be use by 2 and is not small.

First off, it will never be $600. $400 is the absolute highest they would go with price, amd I actually expect it to be $250.

It's not hard to develop in the least, in fact, it's looking to be easier to develop for than the Wii U, as it's using modern architecture on a really powerful SoC, with Nvidia handling the preparation of libraries, APIs and other documentation.

The switching of docked and undocked is nothing, just like putting thr A/V cables of a regular console on a monitor or something else. The portable device is the actual console, the thing that plugs into TV is just a dock that serves to charge and connect to TV, nothing more.

Regarding the small parts, just don't lose them. It's your fault if you're not careful with your stuff, lol :p

Nintendo even said they wanted to keep the price low. Most consoles are sold at a loss and the profit is made by selling games. My biggest concern is battery life. If you are taking it on the go, it should have a good battery life, not just something mediocre. I also don't like how the right joystick thing is below the a b y x buttons. That seems like it would be uncomfortable, but it makes it better when you turn it sideways to play something like Mario Kart.
Most developers are saying it is very easy to develop for the switch, further evidenced by the huge list of third party supporters for the console.

The right joystick makes full sense, actually. You want to have the main controls at the same height, and that's a stick+face buttons. It works perfectly both for righties and lefties.

Yeah, I geuss I'm just being too stiff :p

Yeah, I geuss I'm just being too stiff :p

The controllers ARE kinda small... You were right about that: I don't see how a grown man could hold them and play comfortably, like he would with previous consoles...

The controllers ARE kinda small... You were right about that: I don't see how a grown man could hold them and play comfortably, like he would with previous consoles...
Yeah I feel like the same thing happened with the original Wii (if you were holding sideways for games like Mario), it was long enough but it wasn't wide enough, and they just made it worst with the Switch, or maybe the Switch controller is an ok size and everyone in that trailer was big. :p

Back