Spin Off Post game death combo for bosses & harder dungeons (PMD1 remake)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i went back to buried relic yesterday to recruit the 3 regis and hopefully mew, then decided to rebattle them without using a single dodge orb. you might need to grind a bit to be able to do what im about to explain but in my honest opinion its totally worth it and very fun when you just wanna relax and enjoy the game.

first pokemon i use is kecleon--this awesome and (imo) cute pokemon hits like a total monstosity and even if i cant retreat into hallways when theres a monster house he easily sponges almost every attack like its nothing even being hit by 4+ pokemon in one turn (most damage ive taken in one hit is around 50 or so which is a total joke considering this was at lightning field).he does more than likely the most absurd damage possible to anything in the post game, the regis along with entei and raikou didnt make it past the third turn at all with the way i setup my main three. note: i believe its now significantly easier to befriend kecleon, i did it in just 10 minutes when i tried the first time and no wind gusts happened. just make the usual preparations as in the past games and youre fine. what i suggest most is using any level smeargle and just abuse sketch on teammates for mind reader and guillotine/ sheer cold if you lack time to stat cap. just make sure he can take a certain amount of hits if a kecleon uses faint attack. fury swipes should miss easily with two dodge orbs as this only hit me twice during the entire spawn camp across several kills

my second pokemon is probably the one many will struggle to get, celebi this one is all about support, i up her hp whenever possible and make sure she keeps heal bell and recover to get rid of some potentially annoying status ailments during exploration. she has small stomach so every food item i use always fills the belly completely and kecleon has narrow focus so that attacks never miss in hallways. this is great for him since kecleon's only notable weakness in this game is dealing with monster houses as he lacks a move to attack everything in the room, leaving you to either sponge the hits (if the game doesnt let you turn around which sometimes happens with my second support pokemon with me), hope a one shot orb gets most or all of them or turn back into the hallway to knock them out one by one. the final option is where narrow focus does its job very, very well since kecleon has already high damage which almost guarantees the monster house pokemon will faint to every attack he uses (sturdy is pointless against fury swipes here) making fast wipeouts very easy without requiring luck from one shot orbs

my last pokemon is easy to get--articuno. this is a boss focused support pokemon for me so i rarely take him to random missions. i give him linked moves agility+mind reader+ blizzard and this makes it so bosses barely even last a minute against kecleon. even if blizzard does garbage damage it really doesnt matter much in this case since fury swipes is basically one shot obliterator. optionally, you can use a empowerment seed or violent seed on kecleon but when he passes lv 90 its definitely skippable. i had raikou use reflect but he still took 100-200 damage from each hit from fury swipes so i can definitely confirm its not needed but doesnt hurt to take one of these two items still. and since fury swipes can hit up to 5 times in one turn (10 max if the game immediately chains a second without input as this randomly happens now in the remake) which can exceed well over 1000 damage in one turn with a small amount of luck... nothing can last more than 3 turns like this, its just too good lol.

this is my finalized team in rescue team dx and i really love it and thought id share for anyone else looking for tips on how to deal with tough bosses or dungeons. also given the role i gave celebi you do not need to use this particular pokemon. a high level meganium should work fine but be careful in places with too many fire pokemon and such, i had these pick on celebi trying to move kecleon in hopes he takes the hit instead and lets just say the game didnt really like that idea ...

i wrote the above because out of these three celebi is by far the most difficult to get for people who arent ready to attempt or dont want to be bothered with purity forest as its extremely difficult and RNG alone can easily ruin or make the run for anybody. ive even seen speedrunners die a lot here in the original which is solid proof as these people are likely more skilled than i am in the game. altaria is another option for the multi hit damage in boss battles but she wont even get close to kecleon's damage even with dragon dance and requires vitamins to hit as hard as he does. also for future reference im really hoping to open a rescue support thread to help newer players or more experienced ones who get trolled in the more challenging dungeons hopefully not too long from now. a heads up and i am sorry for this, but three places i will not be offering help for are purity forest, wish cave ane joyous tower since it takes too much for me to get far those areas... sorry guys really but im not consistent enough to help with those areas =(

Back