Post your 3x3

• Thread starter Zukrad
  • Start date
Zukrad

Zukrad

Just spam F-Air in the neutral and hope it works.
Towns Folk
For those who don't know what this is, you put 9 of your favorite shows of all time in a single image. They don't have to be ordered, and they can be a single season, an OVA, a movie, the entire series, etc; tho it would be helpful if you pointed it out if that were the case

As an add on (tho not necessary if you don't feel like it), you could add what was about that particular series that you liked so much

Without further ado, here is my 3x3

Webp_net_resizeimage.png

Top Left - Log Horizon (entire series):
This is a show that is hard to recommend, to the point that despite being so far my favorite show ever, I always talk about it with "warnings", because is easy to just not be your thing
The show is very heavy on video game and MMO culture, but is also very political (which is one of its most appealing aspects to me), while also analyzing the how and why humas develop and maintain social structures. Its also very dialogue heavy, specially season 2. If any of that sound boring, approach the show with caution.
However, if what I just wrote ticks your "this sounds cool" checklist, then don't hesitate on checking it out.

Top Center - FLCL (2000's original OVA)
There are 3 types of people in this world: The people that haven't watched FLCL yet (and they should), the people that watched and gave it a what the hell/10, and the people that watched it more times than their own hands there is also the people that watched FLCL and didn't like it, but they don't count as people

I can't recommend this show enough, is an absolute classic. I haven't watched the 2 new seasons that came out this year, but I know that neither are from the same director and writer, so I have my doubts about them

Also just listen to this sountrack

I will elaborate on the 7 shows left later, but I will leave the names if anyone is interested

Top Right - Gurren Laggan (Series and Movies)
Left Middle - Kill la Kill (Series and OVA)
Middle Center - K-On! (Both Seasons, OVAs and Movie)
Right Middle - Suzumiya Haruhi (Both seasons and Movie)
Bottom Left - Gunbusters (6 episodes OVA)
Bottom Center - Sakurasou no pet na kanojo (series)
Bottom Right - Space Dandy (both seasons)

Also, if you want to make your own, use this tool
https://www.befunky.com/create/collage/

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
Other than 2 or 3 shows on this list the rest where really hard to choose(It's like having to choose your favourite kid except it's easier) There are so many good shows out there I tried to be more differs but I would still call these one of my favourites show (I'm really bad at rating if a show is good or not) anyway HERE:
3x3 Anime.jpg
So from order

Top Left - Clannad - This show is so fricking good like if you love either slice of life, romance, supernatural you've probably already seen this but if there is a chance Thou Haveth Not drop everything you're doing sit down and watch this(remember to bring tissues). Out of 24 episodes(if you count the OVA) I cried in 16-17 episodes, I counted the last time I rewatch it, Also both the Japanese and English dubs are great(though most of the english VA's are newbie but except one character I had a bit of trouble with in the EngDub the rest where great and even better in the second season, even the one character I had trouble with was way better and it was the same actor, it's so fun to see them improve too) oh and it was Kotomi I had trouble with. oh and the EngDub misspronounces the Japanese names sometimes but that's kinda a nitpick, ex: Nagisa is sometimes Nägisa, Ryou is Rhou in the first season and Sanae is Sanai. This show is worth watching 2 times for both the DUBS, in the English we have fricking Luci Christian as Nagisa herself like there is no more perfect actress for the role(can you tell I'm a big fan of hers?) and in the japanese we have Yuichi Nakamura(at least in the anime :,( who also is the perfect role for Okazaki(can't we just fuse the 2 dubs for the perfect dub? Like that's all I need to die happy) anyway I've gone on for too long now(sorry, I just really love Clannad)

Top Center - FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Why brotherhood? I hear you ask, well I don't really have a preference between the to FMA anime but I felt that Brotherhood just had a bit more balance to it, you know, pacing, when to be dark when to be serious and in my opinion I think it had the better version of most of the characters. I love how comdeic yet dramatic it can be, it's the perfect shounen anime in my opinion. It has everything you need, likeable characters, good comedy, good plot. My Hero Academia came very close but it's still running and Brotherhood hooked me a bit more in it's plot not just the characters(which MHA did very well).

Top Right - Psycho Pass - Psycho Pass is an awesome criminal detective series, I really like the cast in the first season, everyone got a decent amount of screentime so you could make a connection with(which the second season failed at but it's still good) The main villain Makishima is really cool and disturbing. The series is very bloody to so if that's something No-no for you, you should probably not watch this. Also the society in this is so F-d up like WTF levels of F-d up. It's very scary too. My favourite character is Ginoza, for reasons you'll have to see yourself. The second season is alright but I say you should watch it has it connects to the movie and is the reason I like Ginoza.

Middle Left - Natsume Yuujinchou - Natsume Yuujinchou is a supernatural show about a young boy(natsume) who can see youkai, he's one of a few who can see Youkai(he gets bullied for it as a kid) He's parents passed away when he was just a very young kid. He get's transferred to many different families until he gets asked to live with is distant relatives Touko and Shigure Fujiwara. One day when he runs away from a youkai he accidentally opens a seal with another Youkai named Madara. He tells Natsume about his grandmother, Reiko, who could also see youkai and he soon finds out about The book of friends with a bunch of names of different youkai his grandmother had defeated, and with that he decides to try and give all the names back to each Youkai. The story takes a bit of a twist in season 6-7(can't remember), Natsume is a very quiet boy who is very kindhearted, he is scared of letting other people in to his life as he got bullied a lot as a kid. he'll met two other characters who can sense youkai in their own different way and it's very fun seeing Natsume open up to his friends and Nyanko-sensei(madara) is a hilarious character and I really like him(I even have a Nyanko-sensei plush). It's kinda hard to explain the plot of Natsume as it's more episodic, he'll met a youkai, help set youkai, and sometimes learn something about his grandmother.

Middle Center - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic - I chose this for more nostalgia reasons, It was a long time ago I watch it so I'm a bit rusty on the plot but basically it's an Adventure fantasy story about 3 main characters: Alibaba, Aladdin and Morgiana. I'm sorry I honeslty only remeber moments and parts of it but It was like 5-6 years since I saw it and I really like it. The characters are very funny and they each have different goals in their life and they just happened to cross paths and form a group however in the second season the characters had to split to follow their own goals and basically it's kind of simple and I really like it :) My favourite character is Morgiana. She is very quiet and though however she can get emotional at times and she is kinda weird and she got super human strength which is cool. But everyone in the series is very likeable for different reasons. There's even a prequel about Sinbad.

Middle Right - Toradora - Toradora is Toradorable. It's another romance story in a highschool but this time with a Tsundere, Taiga and the misunderstood delinquent Ryuuji. By mistake Taiga gave Ryuuji her love letter which was meant for Ryuuji's friend Yusaku, through that and this they find out they have a crush on their friends(Taiga has a crush on Yusaku and Ryuuji has a crush on Minori) and they start helping each other out to get the guy and girl they like but what they don't realize is that they have feelings for each other. For me this would have probably been a series I liked but wouldn't really but on any favourites list however I found each of the cast to be interesting and the second half of the series was really dramatic and they really pushed it beyond the ''normal''/average romance anime. Taiga is probably my favourite character she has a lot of pent up anger for different reasons and because of that she gets it out on others, but under all that cynical and savage behaviour is a very insecure and actually shy character(sum it up and it's a perfect recipe for the tsundere)

Bottom Left - Amaama to Inazuma - Sweetness and Lightning - Sweetness and Lightning is an adorable show about a daughter, Kotori Inuzuka and her father, Kohei Inuzuka living their lives after Kotori's mom passed away. Every episode is about a new food Kohei cooks for Kotori just like her mom did. It's a very cute and heartwarming show about a Daughter and a Dad. Also sprinkle in a little romance/crush story with a resturant owner Kotori Iida a highschooler who later get's a crush on Kohei.

Bottom Center - Gurren Lagann - One of the more popular works of studio shaft, Gurren Lagann, is about Simon discoverng the outside world and growing up, along with his friends Kaminari and Yoko. It's got everything a good show needs, like brotherhood it has a good plot, characters and a variety of comedy and dramatic stuff(also sprinkle in a small touch of romance), Oh! and also mecha's you've got Gurren Lagann, Gigant Robots are cool I don't have anything else to say. One of my favourites part of Gurren Lagann was the timeskip cuz it felt like in any other show after their goal was done and it was time to end it, sometimes you want that little more, you know, what's going to happen to the characters after this and BOOM here's a 10 timeskip and here is all the characters, wow she had kids, back to new plot. And they do this 2 times one after their original goal and the second was the ending where it's like a 20 year timeskip or something which made for a very satisfying ending in my opinion. My favourite character(other than Kaminari) is Yoko, Yoko is very caring, kind and confident, she can be aggressive at times and is very take charge however I really liked her after the timeskip where she is basically the same but more mature.

Bottom Right - Shokugeki no Souma - Food Wars - It's just so a hilarious show with foodgasm's and funny characters. It's so stupid and I love it. Souma a kid with talent for cooking gets enrolled at a School for well you probably know from the name. However he's a bit too confident in his skills and proclaims he's way better than everyone else. He's the basic shounen protag. Dense, overconfident, kind of cool in fights. And in this school they have something called a Shokugeki where students can test their skills and risk something in exchange for something else. The battle: a Cooking Fight and it's kind of fun to watch these characters just make food in this overdramatic way and the best part is when they serve the food and the judges(or the one having a taste of the food) has a food frickin gasm, just go watch it if you're in for a lot of laughs and fun. My favourite character is Megumi(second Akira), she is the classic shy, clumsy,, cinnamon roll, kind of useless but has a lot of potenial character and I'm a sucker for those(they're just so sweet and cute)

Wow I just did that huh

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and Zukrad
B6E12665-008A-40D9-9297-9B1BAD597C83.jpeg
Top left: Gosick.
At the start it grabbed my attention, then it started slowing down, and then it got more and more interesting till the excellent ending.
Top middle: Relife-
Slightly interesting plot, and though its kinda predictable, i loved watching it.
Top right: stiens gate-
Watch this anime. Excellent acting and animation, interesting and fun characters, interesting plot that constantly makes you think. (Make sure you watch stiens gate before stiens gate 0)
Mid Left: Re-Zero-
So many chilling moments in this show, the psychological part of the show is what got me hooked. And it has my favorite plot tool. (Which i will not currently disclose)
Middle: JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure-
This show is great, overthe top, and takes itself waaay too seriously. I prefer the earlier seasons (before stands) as they were more random while stands set more rules for the show. Stands also make the characters less awesome, as it isn’t them being obsurdly OP.
Right Mid: hinamatsuri-
This show is amazing, being both adorable and intelligent and shows the life lesson of caring for yourself.
Left bottom: Angel Beats!-
Love this show, made me laugh, made me cry, made me think.
Bottom mid: Working!-
A fun romantic comedy about work.
Bottom right- Erased:
interesting plot, and real feeling characters.

I forgot a ton of ones i like more than some of these, so i might make another one.

Reactions: V_Weeb
SOoXUma.jpg

We have Saint Seiya; a new favorite that I'll definitely rewatch soon, Gokudols; When Marnie Was There; my absolute favorite anime, The Rose of Versailles; the Dragon Ball multiverse; Code Geass; One Piece; Made In Abyss; and the greatest anime of all time, Keijo.

Back