Ultimate Predictions for the Rest of Smash Ultimate

• Thread starter SmashChamp
  • Start date
SmashChamp

SmashChamp

If life gives you pickles, you should eat them.
Towns Folk
So, Smash Ultimate is coming soon, and I'm super hyped for it. Here's what I think might be in store for the rest of the game's reveals.

First off, I will not be taking any leaks too much into consideration. None are confirmed true nescesarily, but I'll keep em out of discussion anyways.

So, I think we're gonna get a total of 11 more new characters (6 more new characters, 5 new echoes.) I feel like there coooould be more, but I think that's my guess. I'll leave notable mentions below.

I think we'll get two new directs prior to the games launch. I think one normal Nintendo direct and one Smash focused.

First, I'll talk about new characters.

1. Bandana Dee
2. Gardevoir
3. Incineroar
4. Shantae
5. Issac
6. Geno

So, I'll go over why I think these characters will be in the game. I will keep there information in Spoiler Tags, as I'm quite confident in there inclusion, and have pretty strong evidence I think.

He's very popular, especially in Japan. He also had an odd piece of code found in his amiibo, similar to one Daisy had (although I don't think Inkling amiibos had something like that.)Also, putting him in Dedede's final smash would make a lot of sense, as the arena is his homeplace, and they've been adding a lot of detail to those, like Ness and Lucas calling on their allies. Personally, he's my most wanted newcomer, so I'd be THRILLED to have him in.

I know she/he seems to be an odd pick in this bunch, but I think they have a strong case. They're highly requested and very popular. They're Pokeball hasn't been shown yet either.

Two Pokemon seem a bit rediculous, but Gen 7 representation makes a lot of sense. He's also Ash's main battling Pokemon in the anime, that's part of the reason Greninja got in (Lycanroc-dusk is another Ash uses a lot. Please give him to me, I know it's not happening though ;-; Decidueye could happen, but he doesn't really exist in the anime.

She's my second most wanted. I'm mostly suspicious about WayForward's silence, similar to Yatcht Games before Shovel Knight's assist trophy reveal. Shantae wasn't shown as an assist trophy ever. Typically Way Forward is very vocal, and they've been dead silent. Probably my least confident pick, but I still have hope. She also placed high in fan ballots, so she probably placed high in the real deal.

I have the least evidence for him. There was a shot Sakurai tweeted with Rathalos that was similar to a boss scene in Golden Sun, even the character choices. He's highly requested too.

Heavily requested, Mii Fighter costume, tbey hot tbe rights for that. Onlt thing against him is relevancy.

For honorable Mentions...

Skull Kid: No assist trophy was seen, purple and yellow chairs are like his fairies, but that could be a coincidence.

Jibanyan: Yo-Kai watch is a very popular Nintendo exclusive IP, especially in Japan, and Jibanyan is definitely the mascot. Maybe Robonyan or the white Yo-Kai as an exhibition, I don't really know. I don't think they'll be in the base game, but I'm pretty confident they'll be in as DLC.

Rex and Pyra: They're gonna be DLC. MAYBE they'll sneak in the base game. I doubt it though.

ARMS Character: Same thing honestly. Maybe a little less likely, but I think they've got a fair shot as DLC.

I'll round it out with Rayman, he makes a lot of sense. Popular, Nintendo and Ubisoft are great friends, and he was a trophy. He could definitely be in.

Now for echoes.

Shadow as Sonic: I do kinda want him as a unique fighter, but I'll take an echo happily. Just give him Zelda's up special, MAYBE Bayo's Witch Time.

Matthew as Issac: They'd work great as a dual reveal with Issac. They're father/son and share moves I think, so they'd definitely work.

Gothitelle as Gardevoir: This seems crazy I know. I thought so too when it was brought up. But if you added Incineroar and Gardevoir, you'd be leaving poor Unova with no reps. Gothitelle is popular in Japan and would fit over Gardevoir pretty well.

Ken as Ryu: I think Ryu had his Ken alt removed. Ken is basically a Ryu echo in Street Fighter.

Dixie as Diddy: I know people want her as a unique fighter, but she'd be perfect as an echo. All attacks except Up B work well (she technically uses them in Rocketbarrel Blast, but no one remembers it, and for good reason.) She could use her hair for her up special, I think she only uses it like that in DK games, correct me if I'm wrong. Also Diddy's tail multijab is gone.

Honorable Mention

Funky Kong as Donkey Kong: Mainly to promote New Funky Mode. I don't see 5 DK reps though, even if two are echoes.

Black Knight as Ike: A statue thag looked a lot like him is gone in the background. Would be good for Fire Emblem Villan. I don't particularly want him in, but I'll leave him here.

I see announcements going two ways. Either two smash directs or one Nintendo one Smash. Personally, I'm leaning towards two Smash directs, don't know how much more general Nintendo games they have left until 2019.

If one of each...

Another Nintendo direct will be in mid-late October, which will reveal Bandana Dee at the beginning and Issac and Matthew at the end.

Then a Smash direct, which starts with Gardevoir, Incineroar, maybe Gothitelle.

They'll have an echo section with Shadow, Ken, and Dixie.

Lots if hidden game mode, reveal Shnatae around that point.

End with Geno.

If two Smash directs.

Starts with Shantae.
Hidden Game Mode
Ends with Issac and Matthew

Then second...
Starts with Pokemon characters.
Shadow, Ken, Dixie
A demo is revealed, with Bandana Dee being announced as playble.
Geno at the end.

Throughout the direct remaining information like events and stuff is revealed.

And yeah! That's what I'm expecting! How about you all? Do you think my predictions seem likely? Do you think they seem awful? Let me know!

Edit: I changed the demo timing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
I was really anticipating Bandana Waddle Dee and I am actually 90 percent sure Nintendo is gonna add him one way or another. As for Incineroar, I am thinking either him or Decidueye would be added. The game needs new Pokemon added! Very good predictions.

Reactions: SmashChamp
I was really anticipating Bandana Waddle Dee and I am actually 90 percent sure Nintendo is gonna add him one way or another. As for Incineroar, I am thinking either him or Decidueye would be added. The game needs new Pokemon added! Very good predictions.
I need Bandana Dee! I've got a good feeling about him though. It's definitely Incineroar or Decidueye (personally I want Zeraora but that's very likely not happening)

Thanks! It was fun to make!

I remember a long ago I had to ask Nintendo Support a question about my 2DS and once it was answered I decided to tell them about my smash ultimate ideas. I asked about adding Marshadow as a character using Soul Stealing 7 Star Strike and they said something like "that is a good idea, I'll show the makers it" Probably coincidence but I like to imagine Marshadow was added as a pokeball because of me.

I also told them about Bandana Waddle Dee, complete with moveset ideas. I got the same answer as Marshadow. :p

Reactions: Starry Windy
I remember a long ago I had to ask Nintendo Support a question about my 2DS and once it was answered I decided to tell them about my smash ultimate ideas. I asked about adding Marshadow as a character using Soul Stealing 7 Star Strike and they said something like "that is a good idea, I'll show the makers it" Probably coincidence but I like to imagine Marshadow was added as a pokeball because of me.

I also told them about Bandana Waddle Dee, complete with moveset ideas. I got the same answer as Marshadow. :p
#BandanaDeeConfirmed

I really wanted Marshadow as a Gen 7 rep, he was my most wanted Gen 7 for sure. I was pretty sad when I saw the Pokeball ngl

Yeah Marshadow would of been cool. At least he's in the in some sort of way!

Reactions: SmashChamp
Back