Prinny Presents NIS Classics Vol. 1 (Available for Nintendo Switch)

• Thread starter Trazzers
  • Start date
Trazzers

Trazzers

Animal Crosser
Towns Folk
Nippon Ichi Software is of course most known for their Disgaea series of games. But today they announced that they're releasing a series of compilations of their other games on Nintendo Switch!!

Volume 1 consists of two games: Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad & The World Eaters. These are strategy RPGs, but they each have their own unique mechanics that separate them from the Disgaea. They are not spin-offs as well, so you don't need to worry about any character references or lore in the story. The similarity that they do share however, is how the stories/narratives are quite grim/dark, and how they lean more on an anti-hero approach.

I am really excited for this one since I actually played Phantom Brave first before any Disgaea game. As a matter of fact, it was because of how much I loved Phantom Brave that I decided to research on other NIS games and play the Disgaea series itself. Based on the trailer, it is the Hermuda Triangle version that is ported, so all the DLCs are included as well! PLUS Soul Nomad is part of the collection, which is a game that has never been ported to any other console ever since its 2007 release! I never got to play this one (since it was much harder to find, with Disgaea being the more popular series and all), so I am really excited to dive into it.

What are your thoughts on this compilation series project that NIS is doing? Are you also excited and getting volume 1? What NIS games do you want/expect for subsequent volumes? And do you think other companies should start releasing their old games in compilations like this too? :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Marc, Mizunil, phofufury and 1 other person
WOOHOO YEEAAAHHHH

I'm gonna watch this later. Is it a physical release, or strictly digital? Either way, I'm hyped, have always been a fan of Nippon Ichi since I played Disgaea for the first time. They really have a thing for creating cult classics. Phantom Brave is usually the first that comes to mind, I believe I've heard of Soul Nomad quite a few times as well.

Any word on the release date? Given it's only just been announced, I'd imagine we don't have one yet.

Hopefully with releases like this as well as the direction they're taking Disgaea 6 in, they'll be able to end up like Fire Emblem's going and make a triumphant return into the mainstream. I was devastated to hear they were having financial issues so I'm really hoping releases like this will pull them out of this rut.

its likely both digital and physcial unless nis says otherwise shortly before release.
as changes can happen to how games are able to be bought at any time
in event it is physcial , the options on stores that sell it are quite limited being a niche product and all
amazon and gamestop/eb games as well as ncsxshop being the only shops that come to mind that would sell this type of collection.

Back